Turmoil (Stefan, Katherine, Elena, Damon, Rebekah, Niklaus, Caroline, and Tyler)

Summary: Based off from a dream I had. Katherine finds out that Klaus is going to come kill her. She says her goodbyes to her family and gives Elena the one and only thing she has left. Will Damon care that Kat will probably end up dying? Will Elena try to stop it from happening? Will Klaus win, or will Rebekah stop her brother in time? Will Tyler and Caroline care enough to try and stop Klaus? Will anyone get hurt? Will anyone die?

Katherine Pierce

It's a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as I sit on the arm of Damon's couch, as he reads Jonathan Gilbert's journal. We're in the Salvatore boarding house.
"Why are you still here, Katherine?" he asks me.
"I'm helping for possibly the last time," I answer him, and then stand up and go to stand not far from the entrance way.
"What do you mean?" he asks me, putting the journal down and looking at me.
"Klaus will come after me. I'm saying my good-byes to my family. I want you to know that I loved both of you, but after what Stefan did, I love only you now. But I'm not stupid. Not going to force myself on you. You're lucky, Damon. You have family that loves you. My family was slaughtered by Klaus five hundred years ago. And I know it's been centuries, but I can't like forever like this. I act tough, but it's only an act. I'm like you, Damon. I act the opposite of what I really am. Sometimes I can barely hold it together. For my sake, I hope you'll forgive me. If I'm going to die, it'll be from Klaus. Don't get any ideas. I know how you feel; really feel. And because you think I lie, here," I tell him. Then I toss him my Petrova journal I have from the time I was human all the way to the present.
I turn to face the entryway to leave, when I see the other Salvatore brother.
"Stefan. I was just going to find you. I need to say good-bye."
"Why? This sounds like a dying good-bye. What's going to happen?" he asks me with concern in his eyes.
I look up at him, standing close enough in front of him, we can touch.
I explain with barely a steady voice, "Klaus is coming after me tonight. In case I die, I'm giving my last good-byes to my family."
He sadly looks at me.
"Good riddance. At least you'll be out of our hair," Damon comments.
"Damon, I know you care. It's just an act," I say, looking over my shoulder at him.
I look between my two Salvatore brothers; one that didn't love me enough; Stefan; and one that loved me too much. Obviously, that's Damon.
"When I'm gone, please don't fight. Stay together and watch each other's backs," I plead with them.
"We'll do what we can," Stefan promises me.
I slowly leave the house afterward, to visit the last of my Petrova bloodline. Elena Gilbert.

I enter Elena's kitchen and stand at the entrance, knowing she's there. She closes the refrigerator door with a bottle of water in her right hand.
"Elena," I greet, getting her attention.

She turns around and sets the water on the counter.
"Katherine. What are you doing here?"
She looks at me with fear. Fear radiates off her, but I'm not here to harm her. She needs to know that. She is my family. I do what is best for my family.
"Don't be afraid, Elena. I won't hurt you. I'm only here to talk."
"What is it?"
"Klaus; he's going to come after me; he obviously wants me dead. And if he kills me, I'll welcome it after I run a little bit. He killed my entire village and family five hundred years ago. I don't know how to go on forever with this grief. I'm here to say good-bye, Elena. I want to give you the only thing I have that I can give."
I take out a key and toss it to her, which she catches.
"I want you to have the Petrova journals. They might be useful. Someone had a ring like Alaric's. If he dies too many times, there'll be consequences. He'll start killing people and won't remember doing it. Take care of him. Don't let him die too many times. And obviously, I want you to take care of Jeremy, your friends, and Damon and Stefan. And if all possible, I want you to have kids and be happy. I love you, Elena."
I'm instantly in front of her.
With sadness in my expression and tears streaming down my face, I gently put hands on either side of her head and lightly kiss her forehead.
"Take care."
I let go and look at her.
"This may be the night that I finally give up."
At vamp speed, before she can say anything, I'm out of the house and heading towards the forest. It's a full moon, but I don't care.