Expecting

Summary: Set in S5 sometime after Damon broke up with Elena. What if Kat got pregnant with Damon's child?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Katherine Pierce, formerly Katerina Petrova, walked the route to the Salvatore boarding house. She was human now, which scared her, since she had more enemies than Damon Salvatore, her elder childe. She used to be a 500 year old vampire until the cure was shoved down her throat when Katherine tried to kill Elena Gilbert, her doppelganger. If she had just refrained from trying to kill Elena, then she wouldn't be in this situation. It had been a month now since that had happened. Life wasn't working out for her, since she didn't have a place to go and she was keeping from being seen in case her enemies were somewhere close by. She was a weak, fragile human and she needed someone to protect her. That's why she was going to the boarding house to ask Damon to protect her.

Once there, she knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Damon.

"Not the best time right now, Katherine. Now go away," he said, before starting to close the door on her.

She put her hand on the door.

"Just let me explain. Give me that, at least."

He opened the door.

"Explain what? That you tried to kill Elena? That you got the cure instead of Elena? You don't need to explain that."

"Just hear me out, Damon."

"Fine."

He stepped aside to let her in and she walked in.

He closed the door and followed her to the living room where she poured herself a shot glass of his Bourbon and sat down on his couch.

She took a sip.

"I left after I got the cure, but it didn't turn out well. I'm broke. I don't have a place to live and I can't get a job. I came back to ask if you would protect me. I have more enemies than I can count. I've peeved some people off and if word gets out that I'm human, they'll find me. I can't protect myself. I'm weak. Hell, I can't even take care of myself. I have blisters and heels hurt like hell," she explained to him.

He bit his wrist and walked towards her.

"Here," he said, holding it out to her.

"No. I might not wake up. The cure could have side effects and I don't want to die."

His wound healed, as he looked at her, and he knew that she was right for the first time in a very long time.

"I get your point. So you need me to protect you. Any terms you'd like to put on the table?"

"No. Just protect me from danger and my enemies. In return, I'll have their backs and yours if anything happens."

"Then I'll protect you. Just be civil and we won't have any problems."

"I know something's wrong. The minute you opened the door, I got the vibe that something's wrong. What happened?"

"We broke up. We decided that we don't work well, so I broke up with her."

"I'm sorry, Damon."

"It's not your fault. I made the call."

She finished the drink and set it on the table, before going to him and hugging him in comfort.

"I'm still sorry," she said.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at him.