The House Guest (1st revised version)

It was a dark night, as Katherine Pierce walked into the Salvatore boarding house in Mystic Falls, Virginia. Damon Salvatore was just coming down the stairs.

"Katherine," he greeted her.

"Damon," she greeted back.

There wasn't much to say between the two. Not after everything that happened between the two over the centuries.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned her.

"Can't I be here without a reason?" she contradicted him.

"No. Because you always want something," he replied back.

"Not this time around," she told him.

"I find that very hard to believe. What is it that you want?"

"I told you. Nothing."

She sat down on his couch.

He left the living room to go into the kitchen to get away from her. He wasn't a big fan of Katherine. Not since she had played games with him and Stefan.

Damon was in the kitchen, when Alaric, at vamp speed, was instantly at Katherine's side where she was on the couch.

"Damon!" Kat yelled, just as Alaric plunged the stake into her and said, "Good-bye, Katherine."

Alaric gave a smirk.

Damon rushed in when he heard her, just as Alaric ran out of the house, which Damon saw. Even though he didn't love Katherine, she was still his Sire. A Sire's bond was the strongest of all. He cared about her, even though he never showed it; until now.

He was instantly at her side.

He pulled the stake out and gently took her in his arms, positioning her head back. He bit his wrist and put it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat. He hoped she would be okay.

An hour later, she slowly started to come to, which meant she would be okay.