Helpful Childe (Kat's POV)

Summary: My prediction for human Kat.

A/N: Based off of a recent dream, but also randomly made up.

It's a dark night, as I walk cautiously, my destination being the Salvatore boarding house. I'm human now. I need allies to help and protect me. What better than Damon and Stefan? Certainly, Elena won't help. I tried to kill her tonight, before she shoved the cure for vampirism down my throat. I wish to mend what I can to give Elena, Damon, Stefan, and Caroline a chance to forgive me of the wrongs I have done to them. I feel terrible for what I have done. And as I walk, silent tears for my family Klaus took from me, stream freely down my face. I try not to tremble from the pain inside.

When I open the door and head inside, Damon is looking into the fire from the fireplace with a shot glass in hand.
I close the door and fall to my knees, trying not to break down.
"Elena told me everything. You tried to kill her for the cure and so-called ruining your life. You wanted to be human and you got it. Why must you be so upset, Katherine?" he says, probably sensing my sorrow.
He finishes his shot glass of liquor and sets it down on his drinking table.
I want to answer him, but can't when I can't hold in the sobs anymore. I break down sobbing and crying my pain out. I can't stop.
An instant later, Damon is knelt in front of me, taking in my appearance.
"Katherine, what's wrong?"
He searches my face.

"Kat, look at me."
I continue to sob, but I do look into his eyes, silently showing my pain and begging for help.
"Tell me what's wrong, Kat."
"My pain is so much. I have to get it out. I can't hold it in," I answer, knowing he's compelling me.
"What kind of pain?"
"My past before America and 1864. My family was slaughtered by Klaus in 1492 in Bulgaria," I say.
He stops compelling me and wraps his arms around me, drawing me close to him in comfort.
I sob into his right shoulder.

After what feels like a while, I stop and we both get to our feet.
"Are you okay?" he asks with worry in his eyes for me.
"I'm okay now," I reply. "Where's Elena? Do you think I can get her to talk to me? I want to try and have a conversation to her."
"You can try," he replies to me.
"Thanks, Damon," I reply.
I head for the stairs, guessing where she might be at. I have to make things right.

I walk into her room.
"What the hell are you doing here?" she says, slamming me against a wall, pinning me there.
"To talk," I answer her.
Damon comes in.
"Let her go and let her speak, Elena," he says.
She lets go and glares at Damon.
"You're on her side now?"
"No. But she has something to say to you."
"Elena, I'm sorry. I never should have taken everything out on you. Forgive me. I'm sorry for everything else I've done, too," I say.

I leave the room and go to the living room to sit down on the couch.

Later, everyone forgives me and all is well that ends well.