Hello

Summary: Set in S2 and 5. Just a Datherine songfic.

*The Return*

Hello

It's me

I was wondering if after all these years

You'd like to meet to go over everything

They say that time's supposed to heal

Yeah

But I ain't done much healing

Hello...

Can you hear me?

I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be

When we were younger and free

I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us

And a million miles

It was a dismal night, as Katherine and Damon stood in front of each other in the Salvatore boarding house living room. They'd just made out, but Damon had called a pause, getting a grip of himself.

"I have a question. Answer it and it's back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right and I'll forget the last 145 years that I've spent missing you. I'll forget how much I loved you. I'll forget everything and we can start over. This could be our defining moment because we have time. That's the beauty of eternity. I just need the truth, just this once."

"Stop. I already know the question and its answer. The truth is...I've never loved you."

She left the boarding house, as her words sunk in, though she'd lied to him to protect him. Klaus was coming to town soon and she didn't want him to kill Damon for loving her.

Upset at what she'd said, he threw an empty shot glass at the fireplace and it shattered into pieces.

*As I Lay Dying*

Hello from the other side

I must've called a thousand times

To tell you

I'm sorry for everything that I've done

But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside

At least I can say that I've tried

To tell you

I'm sorry for breaking your heart

But it doesn't matter

It clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

Hello

How are you?

It was a dismal night, as Katherine walked into Damon's room with a vial of Klaus' blood in hand; the cure for a werewolf bite. She could tell that he was close to death and it broke her heart to see him this way, but she hid her true feelings and just walked over and put the vial to his lips, making it go down his throat to cure him.