Don't Let Me Go

Summary: Set in S5 "Dead Man On Campus" and "Fifty Shades of Grayson." Everything else are flashbacks. After Damon finds out that she's dying of old age rapidly, he decides to find a way to save her. Will he succeed?

*Dead Man On Campus*

I'm watching myself

Drifting away

A vision so darkened

I cannot stay

I'm reaching out wide

Trying to catch myself before I fall

Too little too late

Can you save me?

It was a dismal night, as she stood on the clock tower, overlooking the town square. She'd just found out that she was dying rapidly of old age. According to Wes Maxfield, it couldn't be stopped. So, because she didn't want to die of old age, she was going to kill herself instantly by jumping off the clock tower.

She turned so she was looking at the clock and then closed her eyes. Then she stepped off the ledge and began to fall towards the ground.

Damon was walking, when he saw her plummeting towards the ground. Without thinking, he blurred over and caught her from hitting the ground.

When she didn't feel anything except for someone catching her, she opened her eyes, only to see that Damon had caught her. He'd stopped her from killing herself, which made her think that she'd been right when she'd come to him for help after the summer had ended. A part of him didn't want her to die.

"Damon?" she questioned him.

He set her on her feet and then looked at her.

"What do you think you're doing, Katherine?"

"I'm dying of old age and it can't be stopped, okay? I don't want that pain. I'm not going to just wait to die. Besides, I've got nothing to live for," she informed him.

"So, you're just giving up?" he inquired. "That's not the Katherine I know."

"You don't know what it's like," she replied.

"We can find a way to save you, but no more trying to kill yourself."

She sighed. "Fine."

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

Where do we go when we walk on light?

Who do we call at the edge of night?

Carry me close like the teardrops in your eyes

All I can give you is memories

Carry them with you and I'll never leave

I'll lay my head down

But when I lay my head down

Don't let me go

After he'd tried handing her over to Silas, which she'd obviously figured out, he'd tried to get a hold of her, but had been unsuccessful. He knew that something had gone wrong, since he couldn't get a hold of her. Silas knew that he thought something was wrong, so Silas left. Shortly after, Damon left to go find her.