Blood Ties

Summary: Klaus goes after Katherine. Will she be okay? Will Damon and Elena get to her in time to save her, or will it be too late?

It was a dark night as Katherine Pierce walked down the streets of Mystic Falls, Virginia. She was on her way towards the Salvatore mansion.

Suddenly, she sensed something and stopped in her tracks in an abandoned part of town. More like someone. She knew the scent. Klaus; the enemy. The ancient breed of half vampire half werewolf. She did her very best not to let him sense her fear of him.

He stepped out of the shadows to face her.

"Klaus," she said.

"Katerina; how pleasant to see you again."

"I wish I could say the same thing."

"Yes. So you know exactly what I'm after. Where is it?"

"You mean the necklace; somewhere safe where you'll never find it."

She started walking backwards as he stepped towards her.

Meanwhile, Damon and Elena were at the Salvatore boarding house. They had just walked in and he had just grabbed himself a shot glass of liquor, when something came to him; Katherine's thoughts. They were consumed in panic. She was in trouble and was using her telepathy to reach out to him.

Damon! I need help! Klaus!

I'm coming. Elena's coming with me. Hang on, Katherine.

Hurry! Please!

He looked at Elena who stood in front of him.

"Elena, we have to go."

He set his glass down.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Katherine's in danger. Klaus; and I'm not leaving you alone."

"Then let's go."

"Do you trust me?" he asked, looking at her.

She was silent, as she looked back at him.

He repeated the question.

"Elena, do you trust me?"

She finally spoke.

"I guess."

That was good enough for him.

"Get on my back. It'll be faster. I think I know where she is."

She obeyed.

Klaus slammed her into a tree, pinning her there, and stabbed her in the side with a piece of wood. She was in pain and screamed, hoping to be heard, which she was.

Damon and Elena arrived.

Damon through Klaus off her with a piece of White Oak in his hand.

Elena ran to her as the vamp and hybrid fought.

Katherine slid down the trunk of the tree and sat, hand on the wound on her side, trying to find the courage to suppress the pain so she could pull it out.

Elena knelt beside her.

They looked into one another's eyes.

Damon stabbed the White Oak into Klaus' heart, killing him. He then knelt in front of Katherine and she pulled it out and gasped in pain.

She soon healed and the three of them walked away into the darkness of the night.