The House Guest (3rd revised version)

Summary: Set in S2E "The House Guest" scene when Luka magically staked Kat. What if Damon wasn't there when Luka staked her? Will he find out that she needs help? Will he help her? Will she be okay?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, as Katherine Pierce walked into the basement of the Salvatore boarding house to grab a blood bag from the cooler, since she was hungry.

Suddenly, she sensed something from the cell Elijah was daggered in, so she passed the cooler and opened the cell door to see the dagger slowly coming out, which she knew met a witch. She knew witches, after all. She knew she had to do something to stop the dagger from coming out of Elijah, so she did what she could; if it came out and he woke up, it would mess up their plan to get rid of Klaus.

"Hey!" she said, which made the invisible force let the dagger go. She took a few steps into the cell, not far from the door and rock wall. "I wouldn't pull that out if I were you, or he'll most likely kill us all for daggering him," she said, though she didn't know which witch was trying to spoil their plan.

Suddenly, before she could do anything, a stake flew through the air and stabbed her. She gasped in pain and leaned up against the rock wall, trying to stay on her feet. She knew she was losing though, as her vision went blurry and everything started to go black.

A while later, Damon returned from the Mystic Bar and Grille to a silent house.

"Katherine?" he called, but didn't hear anything.

When he went into the basement, he saw the cell door open, so he went to investigate.

When he saw her on the cell floor on her left side, out cold, back against the wall, stake protruding from the middle of her chest, pale, he rushed to her.

"Katherine."

He knelt by her and gently got her on her back. He then grabbed hold of the stake and quickly pulled it out, before tossing it to the floor. He then gently pulled her into his arms and got to his feet, before blurring upstairs and to the living room couch.

Once he had her layed down on the couch, he bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat.

"Come on, Katherine; stay with me now. Don't you dare die on me."

When she started to look better, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed. He then sat on the couch and waited for her to come to.

Half an hour later, when she started to awaken, he sighed in relief, knowing she'd be okay.