Torn

Summary: Set in 5x1 "I Know What You Did Last Summer" with some 1864 flashbacks. Based on "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia.

*1864*

I thought I saw a man brought to life

He was warm, he came around like he was dignified

He showed me what it was to cry

Well, you couldn't be that man I adored

You don't seem to know

Seem to care what your heart is for

But I don't know him anymore

There's nothing where he used to lie

My conversation has run dry

That's what's going on

Nothing's fine, I'm torn

It was a beautiful day, as she and Damon goofed around in bed.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a laugh. "Stop it."

"Make me," he replied.

He lay on his back on the bed with her on top now and she vamped out on him, but it didn't scare him. He rested a hand on her face while she was still vamped out.

*1864-Flashback*

Katherine was outside and noticed him and Stefan playing with a ball and she asked if she could join. They had a little chat, before she took the ball and ran off, laughing.

"That's a girl that clearly wants to be chased," Damon commented to Stefan. After a moment, he said, "Well, if you won't, I will."

*Present Day-I Know What You Did Last Summer*

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed

Lying naked on the floor

Illusion never changed

Into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see

The perfect sky is torn

You're a little late, I'm already torn

It was a dismal night, as Katherine took a bath in Damon's bathtub. He'd left the house to go deal with Jeremy at school, so she was alone. Thus, why she had a knife on the side of the bathtub, just in case. She had many enemies. She didn't want to take any chances now that she was human. Damon may have been letting her stay, but that didn't mean he'd protect her. She knew how much he hated her for past transgressions. She also knew that deep down, he still loved her. After all, why else would he fall for her lookalike after she'd broken his heart a few years ago? She'd only done it though because one, she'd been mad at him and two, she'd been protecting him in her own way from Klaus. She'd known that Klaus was getting close and she hadn't wanted Klaus to kill him just in spite, if he ever found out that she loved Damon. Klaus had ruined her life for 538 years. She wouldn't put anything past him. Thankfully, he was out of town and in New Orleans, so she didn't need to worry about him anytime soon.