Without You

Summary: Set in 1x14, 2x16, 2x22, and 5x1. Just showing how much they really care for each other, instead of him hating her so much.

*1864*

If you had a choice

Then what would you choose...

To do

I could live without money

I could live without the pain

And if every day was sunny

I could live without the rain

And if I ever went up to heaven

I would fall right back down

That life wouldn't be liven

'Cause you're the one

I couldn't live without

It was a beautiful day, as he spoke to his brother.

"Katherine is dead. There's no world without her," pretty much telling him that without her, he'd rather die than turn.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

If I couldn't blink

Woulda still be able to see you

I coulda imagine

Ooohh

Without arms

Coulda reach

No way I could ever hold you

Uaahhh

I need these things

Like I need you

It was a dismal night, as Damon walked into his living room, only to find a human Katherine. She was finishing a shot glass of Bourbon she'd helped herself to. Looking her over, he realized that she was miserable as a human and hated being one.

"Katherine," he stated.

"It's been a long summer, Damon," she greeted him.

"You're miserable," he stated.

"Please. I'm Katherine Pierce. I'm a survivor," she said, trying to conceal how miserable she was.

"You're a liar. Your hair's messed up. Your nails are chipped. You're a sad miserable human being and you want me to turn you. So, here." He bit his wrist and held it out to her. When she hesitated, he encouraged her by saying, "Go ahead. Drink up. I'll kill you, you'll bite the mailman, you'll be a vampire again. Go ahead, come on."

"I can't, okay?" she admitted. "No one's ever taken the cure before. If I die, there's a good chance I may never wake up."

"And that would be tragic," he quipped.

"And deep down, in that mushy-gushy Elena-loving heart, there's a part of you that doesn't want me to die," she said, a hand on his chest and her right one resting on his arm.

"What are you doing here, Katherine?" he asked her.

"There's someone chasing me," she admitted.