Poisoned

Summary: Inspired from Return: Night Fall. Damon gets poisoned. Will he be cured before he dies?

Damon Salvatore stood in the shadows of the room, watching from a corner, as Elena Gilbert slept. She was like an angel without wings. She was so peaceful in her sleep. To him, she was like a beautiful rose. A rose that sometimes had thorns, but all the more beautiful. She was his. He loved her with all his heart, mind, and soul. He would do anything for her. He would die for her. Yes. He admitted it now. He loved Elena so much that he would die for her. Do anything for her. He was in love with his little brother's once upon a time girl. Damon had loved her from the moment he set eyes on her. He had hid it until the night he brought her her vervain necklace back. Since he had compelled her, she would never remember what he had told her, when she and Stefan had been in love. But he would always remember it.

That morning, as Elena came down the stairs, food was on the table and Damon was in the kitchen putting dirty dishes in the sink.
"Good morning, sleeping beauty," he greeted her with a smile, as he turned around to look at her.
"May I ask why you're doing this?" Elena asked the vampire.
Just a few days ago, he had been hurt accidentally by her at Esther's ball, and in turn, she had found Damon at home the other day with Rebekah, Klaus' only sister. Was this his way of apologizing to her for what he had done? For hurting her? She was the one that was supposed to be apologizing, she thought. She had been the reason why he had been hurt. She had accidentally made it sound like there was a problem with Damon loving her. She hadn't meant for it to come out like that.
"What? I can't make you breakfast without having a reason?" he questioned her.
"You can. I just thought you would have a reason. You always have a reason behind everything you do, after all," she answered.
He gave a smirk.
"Maybe I just wanted to surprise you with something," he said.
"Well, thank you," she said.
"You're welcome, Elena."
She sat down and began to eat her breakfast of eggs and sausage.

It was a beautiful night, as Damon walked through the woods on an occasional walk. He had just come from the Mystic Grille where he had drank a shot glass of liquor before leaving. Now he was just going for a casual walk alone in the dark. Something he liked to do on occasion. It helped him think things through if he needed to do so.
Suddenly, he was stabbed with a dagger in the gut. Someone had snuck up on him from behind. He fell to the ground with the guy standing over him with dagger in hand.
"Clyde," Damon said, as he looked up at him, a hand to his gut.
"Damon. Long time no see. Don't you think? I've been waiting a long time for this," he said.
"Not long enough," a female voice said from the shadows.
Then she came into view and through Clyde away by his throat, making him hit a tree. Clyde was already on his feet and the two vampires fought, as Damon Salvatore's vision blurred. He knew that there had been poison on that knife when he started getting blurry vision.
Clyde tried to stab Katherine Pierce with the knife, but she twisted his wrist, making him drop the dagger. Then she broke a tree branch off and staked him. As he fell to the ground, Katherine ran to and knelt beside her childe.
She rested a gentle hand on the side of his face.
"Damon. Damon, stay with me," she ordered gently.
"Katherine," he said softly.
He was seeing double now.
"I'm gonna get you out of here. You hear me?"
She put an arm around him and put his arm over her shoulders. Then she stood, making him stand the best he could. Then she walked with him, half dragging him, using her body weight to hold him up.

Half an hour later, he lay in his bed sweating, barely conscious. Elena was seated at his bedside, wetting his face with a wet wash cloth to try and cool him down. Katherine was downstairs consorting with Klaus' only sister. Rebekah. As much as she hated her, she and Rebekah both wanted to save his life. Rebekah was more than glad to give her the cure. Klaus' blood. After she did that, Rebekah left so Klaus wouldn't wonder where she was.
A few minutes later, after Katherine gave him the blood, he sat up, feeling better. So everybody lived as happily as they could. After all, they had Klaus to get rid of somehow, which they didn't know how to do.