Almost Too Late

Summary: Klaus comes after Katherine. Will she live? Will she die? Will she be able to call upon Damon before anything tragic happens to her?

It was a dark, cold night. Katherine Pierce was in the woods in Mystic Falls, running from Klaus, as to not die. Klaus wanted her, but she wasn't going to give herself up to him. She sure as hell wasn't going to die without a good fight.

Suddenly, she was grabbed by the throat. He slammed her against a tree at vampire speed, pinning her there.

"You think you can run from me, Katerina?"

She tried to get free.

"I can hope."

"There's no hope of running from me now."

"I know that."

"Now Katerina, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. I'll let you decide."

"Go to hell!"

She through him off her at vampire speed and then, once again, started running for her life.

He growled and then started after her.

"It's the hard way then, huh? You're choice. Not mine. Now you're really asking for it."

Suddenly, before she knew it, he was on her again. He through her roughly with vampire agility and strength. She rolled and the back of her head hit a tree hard enough that her vision blurred.

He knelt beside her.

Before she could react, pain surged through her, as he drove white ash wood into her side between her left rib cage.

"A message to Damon for trying to kill me."

As her vision faded, she watched Klaus walk away, leaving her to slowly die.

Damon, she thought before everything went black.

Damon was on his way home, when he got sent a telepathic message from Kat, calling to him once. The way it sounded, she was badly injured.

At vampire speed, he ran, following his sire's faint scent.

"Katherine!" he said, running to and then kneeling down beside her.

He took her in his arms, holding her there.

"Kat, can you hear me?"

He saw the ash wood and pulled it out, tossing it away.

"Kat, don't do this to me. Please."

He bit his wrist and put it to her lips, making it go down her throat.

"Come on, Kat. Come on. Don't die on me now."

Just then, she gently took hold of his arm and bit, taking in the sweet taste of her childe's blood. As she did, her wound began to heal, and her strength began to get restored.