Petrova Saver

Summary: Set in S5 when Kat was running through the woods. What if she was running from Silas in those woods? Will someone rescue her in time? Will she be okay?

A/N: Elena's not in Mystic Falls yet and doesn't know about Kat's sudden appearance. Also, Nadia hasn't shown herself yet.

It was a beautiful day, as Katherine Pierce ran, knowing she had to keep as much distance from her and Silas as possible. She knew it would be futile soon, but she didn't care. She had to run. Besides, the only thing she knew how to do was run. When she was back into a corner, she ran for her life to survive. She rarely fought face to face against an enemy or someone that despised her. When she did though, she always won. Now, as a human, she couldn't fight against the immortal. She'd die trying. So she was running for her life. She only hoped Damon and Jeremy caught up soon to save her. Lately, Damon was her knight in shining armor.

In the middle of the woods, Silas caught up with her and grabbed her from behind.

"I really wish you'd learn not to run," he said.

"Not happening," she replied.

When she fought back, they ended up on the ground until he pinned her against an old chain link fence. She still tried to fight though.

"Why must you always make this harder than it should be?" he said, before stabbing her in the side. "I need your blood and I can't get it unless you stop fighting."

A moment later, everything went dim, but she did hear a gunshot and felt the forest floor.

While Jeremy went up against Silas, Damon rushed to his sire's side.

"Stay with me, Katherine," he said, as he gently pulled her into his arms and took the knife out of her side. He then bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal her.

A few minutes later, he took his wrist away and it instantly healed. Then her wound started to heal and he got to his feet with her in his arms and started to walk away towards where he had left his car, thankful that she'd be okay. That day that she had shown up at the boarding house, looking like hell, she had been right. He loved Elena, but didn't want Katherine to die.