You Found Me

Summary: Set in S5. A few moments of S5, some remade by me or not, of Damon saving her and at the end, giving her peace. Hope you like it.

I found God

On the corner of First and Amistad

Where the west

Was all but won

All alone

Smoking his last cigarette

I said, "Where you been?"

He said, "Ask anything"

Where were you

When everything was falling apart?

All my days

Were spent by the telephone

That never rang

And all I needed was a call

That never came

To the corner of First and Amistad

It was a dismal night, as Damon arrived home to silence after dealing with a Jeremy issue.

"Katherine?" he called loud enough for her to hear, but he didn't hear anything. At first he thought that she either couldn't hear him or she had gone to bed. It was none of those, because he knew that she needed help, smelling blood.

He blurred to the bathroom.

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lyin' on the floor

Surrounded, surrounded

Why'd you have to wait?

Where were you?

Where were you?

Just a little late

You found me, you found me

Silas, looking like Stefan, stood with her against him, his arm around her. She was a fighter, but Kat had to admit that this time she couldn't fight. She was human, weak, and injured. He had the knife in hand she had been armed with and he had so easily taken from her. Now she knew it was up to Damon to save her. There was only so much that she could do.

When Damon entered, her vision was blurry and dim. She couldn't really focus on what they were saying, but when he blurred towards Silas, she used her remaining strength to elbow him in the ribs, which made him let go.

An instant later, she felt the floor, landing by the counter. Then everything went black for her.

In the end

Everyone ends up alone

Losing her

The only one who's ever known

Who I am

Who I am not, who I wanna be

No way to know

How long she will be next to me

After Silas had gone, he blurred over and knelt at her side, where she lay on her back, injured. Not knowing if she could digest his blood, he gently picked her up in his arms and took her to Meredith to be cared for.

Later that night, afterward, he took her home, gently laying her down in his bed. He didn't know what was up with him, but a part of him didn't want the one person who understood him the most to die.

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lyin' on the floor

Surrounded, surrounded

Why'd you have to wait?

Where were you?

Where were you?

Just a little late

You found me, you found me

Early morning

The city breaks

I've been callin'

For years and years and years and years

And you never left me no messages

You never send me no letters

You got some kind of nerve

Taking all I want

After he broke his promise to her to protect her due to Silas knowing where Stefan was, she ran as usual but didn't get far.

After not getting a reply in texting or her answering her phone, it worried him so he went in search of her. That's when Silas left the house to do his thing.

When he found the state of his car, he was worried, seeing that she was still in there, but not moving.

Once he got the door open, he saw that she was in horrible condition and blurred her to the hospital.

The next day, she was able to go back to the boarding house.

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lyin' on the floor

Where were you?

Where were you?

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lyin' on the floor

Surrounded, surrounded

Why'd you have to wait?

Where were you?

Where were you?

Just a little late

You found me, you found me

Why'd you have to wait?

You found me, you found me

A few months later, she had a heart attack and died, but on her deathbed, he gave her peace by giving her some old, good memories that only they shared.