I Won't Give Up

Summary: Set in 5x1 with 2x1 as a flashback kind of. After Damon tries handing her over to Silas, she tries to run and crashes the car. When he gets to her, will he be able to get her to the hospital in enough time, so they can save her life?

*The Return*

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

Well, there's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

It was a dismal night at the Salvatore boarding house, as Katherine and Damon stood in front of each other. They had just made out, but Damon had asked for a break after getting his senses back in order.

"I have a question. Answer it and it's back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right and I'll forget the last 145 years that I've spent missing you. I'll forget how much I loved you. I'll forget everything, and we can start over. This could be our defining moment because we have time. That's the beauty of eternity. I just need the truth, just this once."

"Stop. I already know the question and its answer. The truth is...I've never loved you."

As her words sunk in, she turned around and walked away, before walking slowly out of the house, hating that she had just broken his heart. She was doing this to protect him, though. If Klaus knew that she had found someone else to love, he'd rip his heart out just to hurt her even more, when he returned to town soon.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up

After she tried to kill Elena whom shoved the cure down her throat on Elena's graduation night, Katherine knew better than to stick around. Though she was human with too many enemies to even begin counting, she had to leave for an entire summer, as to not be in the same town as Elena and Damon. Elena, she knew hated her and Damon she knew would probably kill her if she stuck around, for trying to kill his girlfriend. So, she fled from Mystic Falls for the entire summer until Elena had gone off to college. Then she came back to Mystic Falls, hoping that Damon would grant her protection from any enemies that came around.