Bound For Home

Summary: Set in S6. Damon ends up in the 1994 Prison World after dying and comes upon an injured Kat in the boarding house. Will she be okay? Will she live?

It was a dark night, as Damon walked through what looked to be Mystic Falls, but he appeared to be the only one there. He didn't know where he was, but he wanted to find out. He knew the Other Side didn't exist anymore, so he had to be somewhere else.
When he saw the boarding house, he approached it, happy to have somewhere to stay until he could find a way out of this place. And as soon as he opened the door and walked inside, closing it behind himself, he smelled blood and the scents of human, Katherine, and someone else he couldn't name.
When he entered his living room, someone was approaching her where she lay injured in front of the couch. Realizing he was an enemy of some sorts, he vamp-sped behind him and snapped his neck, before tossing him out and locking the door.
Once back in the living room, he was instantly knelt at her side.
"Katherine?" he called to her, as he looked down at her, looking at her injuries. As he did so, he could tell that she was in bad condition. There was a stab wound to her thigh and a knife in her side, with her lower stomach heavily bleeding. She was pale from blood loss, head to the left, facing the couch, eyes barely open to slits.
"Stay with me, Katherine," he said, before flashing off to get what he needed from the bathroom upstairs.
A few moments later, he returned next to her. He would've simply given her his blood, but he didn't know if she could digest it. So, for now, he was playing it safe.
A moment later, he had a towel each around her side and thigh, the knife now lying on the floor. He then worked on trying to stop her lower stomach from bleeding with another towel.
After a few minutes, he finally was able to stop the bleeding and get her wounds taken care of with the first-aid kit.
He gently slid an arm under her legs and another under her head to gently lay her down on the couch. There wasn't much he could really do for her. He wasn't a doctor. All he could do was encourage her to fight and wait for her to wake up now.
Once she was on the couch, he sat by her on the couch and rested a gentle hand on the side of her face.
"Katherine, it's me. Can you hear me? I need you to fight and wake up for me. Can you do that? For me?" he called to her, being kind to her for once in a very long time. He needed her to wake up and tell him everything she knew about this place, how to get home, and who that guy was.

An hour later, when she finally woke up, she saw that she was no longer on the floor, her injuries had been taken care of, and Damon was seated on the couch by her, looking at her, obviously waiting for her to awaken.
"Damon?" she said weakly, weak from blood loss and Kai draining her when he had tried to steal all of her Traveler magic.
He took his hand away from her face.
"Finally. You know, as a human, you have very bad luck when it comes to trying to survive," he commented.
Since he was here with her, she realized that he must've recently died.
"So, what are you in for?" she replied, tying to have some humor, even though dying was not funny at all. She wanted to know why her Sweet Damon would be dead already, though. Despite what they had done and tried to do to each other in the past, she always tried to protect and keep him alive. She had always watched out for him, even when he didn't know it.
"I sacrificed myself for Mystic Falls to save it from the Travelers and I succeeded."
She was silent, not knowing what to say to that.
"So, who was that guy?" he questioned her.
"Kai. He's a Gemini witch. He can steal someone's magic with just a touch, though he wasn't born with any magic of his own. I wouldn't help him get out of here, so he tried to kill me. His father trapped him here to keep him from killing any more of his siblings," she explained to him.
"So, what is this place and how do we get the hell out of here?" he asked.
"It's the 1994 prison world and we have to use your blood and mine and the ascendant to get out of here, but we have to wait for an eclipse."
"Then let's get the hell out of here."
"I need to get my strength back though, or we can't go. I'm not strong enough to use what's left of my Traveler magic to get out of here. Kai stole enough that it weakened me."
"Then we'll get your strength restored and then get the hell out of here."
Now that he knew what Kai was capable of and who he was, he wasn't going to leave her here with him. He wouldn't wish it upon his worst enemy.

A few days later, after her strength was restored, they left the 1994 prison world and found themselves back home in Mystic Falls.