Love Me Forever More

Summary: Several years after Elena died but Damon is still a vampire, he hears that Katherine's alive in New Orleans, but in trouble, so he looks for her, only to find out that there's a crazy vampire loose Klaus had put in the Garden ages ago. Aurora. And she's the one that went after Kat. Can he find the buried box in time that she's in, or will he be too late? Can he get rid of Aurora since older vampires are stronger, or will he have to enlist help?

It was a dismal night, as Damon entered the only bar in the quarter. He was in town to find Katherine. He'd heard she was in trouble with a vampire named Aurora. Before he went looking though, he needed a drink. He also needed someone that could help him. He just wasn't sure if the only living Mikaelson witch would help. After all, witches had a habit of hating him for simply being a vampire, or there were other reasons they hated him. He needed a witch or older vampire to help him. After all, he knew a vampire being after her had to be five hundred years old or older, which he figured meant he couldn't take down Aurora by himself.

He sat down at the bar, ordered a shot glass of Bourbon and, once he was served, he began to drink it. Then, when he was done, he left the money for her and headed to the Mikaelson compound. He hoped Freya would be kind enough to help him locate her.

Once at the compound in the courtyard, he saw her on the ground. Though he didn't know her, having only known about her from Hope and seen pictures of her, he blurred over to her and knelt by her, which was when she began to wake up.

"What happened?" Damon quizzed.

"A vampire named Aurora escaped. Kalsu sealed her behind a wall in the Garden for punishment years ago. Who are you?"

He helped her up and got to his feet.

"Damon Salvatore. I need your help. Aurora has done something drastic. I can't take down Aurora on my own, but I can find Katherine with your help. I heard she was back and is in trouble with Aurora, so I came here. I may not love her anymore, but I won't let an enemy hurt her or worse. Besides, we may always throw knives at each other, but we have always had the rule that if an enemy comes after one of us, the other will do whatever they see fit to the enemy. No one hurts either of us and gets to live. So, will you help me find her?" he introduced and explained, before asking her for help.

"Of course, but why would she want Katherine?" Freya replied and quizzed.

"You know more about her than I do, but despite everything she's done, she and Elijah had something special when she was a vampire for frive hundred years. I don't know if that means anything, but that's the only thing I can think of."

After he told her that, she realized that Aurora was getting back at Elijah, despite him and Klaus being dead, which meant that Aurora was making it a game to see how long it would take for her to be found.

"Then let's find her. Aurora did something similar to me years ago. I was buried in a box. She made it into a game to see if Klaus could find me in time. She thought if she got rid of everyone he cared about, Klaus would go back to her. She also wanted revenge. When Elijah compelled for the first time, it was when he wanted to know from her what secret Klaus had that he hadn't told anyone. When she told him that he killed our mother, he was angry. He compelled her to tell Klaus that she never loved him. When Aurora came here, she was ready to kill Elijah and warm herself back into his life to be together with him again. She's insane, but still causes a lot of trouble. We don't know what she's done to her, much less how much time she has left, so let's work quickly. I'll deal with the crazy bitch. Once I locate her, you go get Katherine."