Working Together (Kat's POV)

Summary: What if Kat ended up in the prison world after Damon did? Can they set aside everything to find their way home?

After a black mass pulls me from the church and Bonnie, all I see for a while is darkness upon darkness. Everything is dark. I'm surrounded by darkness. But then the darkness disappears and I see a light.
A moment later, I find myself waking up on what appears to be the lawn of Elena's old house, which is still standing. That's weird, since she burned it to the ground after she turned it off. Another strange thing is that there's toys on the lawn.
I get to my feet and look at the date on the newspaper I'm now holding.
"May 10, 1994," I read outloud to myself. I then let it drop to the ground. "Where the hell am I?"
I walk around to see where I ended up at.
Soon after, I find my way to the boarding house and walk into the living room, only to see that I'm not alone. Damon Salvatore, my elder childe, is also here. Wherever here is.
He sees me and immediately pins me to a wall, hand around my throat.
"What gives you the right to be here!?" he growls.
He's angry and he has a reason to be. I've done things that I shouldn't have to him. Thus, why he hates me so much. Especially, when I was in Elena's body for a time. Technically, I died human though, even though I was in Elena's body.
"Considering I ended up here probably the same way as you, I don't have a choice in being here any more than you do. So, let's put aside our differences and find a way out of here. Shall we?" I reply.
"Agreed," he replies.
He let's go of me and steps back, angry face still on, unhappy at having to work with me.
"I should be able to send us home with whatever Traveler magic I have left. I just have to activate the magic," I inform him.
"Then get on with it."
"I need candles first."

A few days later, using my Traveler magic and the ascendant, Damon and I go home to Mystic Falls.
Soon after, I leave to go win Elijah back.