I'd Come For You

Summary: Set in 5x1 with 2x1 "The Return," as a flashback. Based on Nickelback's "I'd Come For You." Just a Datherine songfic.

*The Return*

Just one more moment

That's all that's needed

Like wounded soldiers

In need of healing

Time to be honest

This time I'm pleading

Please don't dwell on it

'Cause I didn't mean it

I can't believe I said

I'd lay our love on the ground

But it doesn't matter

'Cause I made it up

It was a dismal night, as Damon and Katherine stood in front of each other. He'd just asked her for the truth, needing to know what she really felt for him, but she couldn't tell him the truth, when Klaus was on his way to town soon. She was afraid that if Klaus saw that they loved each other, that he'd kill Damon just to hurt her even more than he already had. So she lied to him.

"The truth is...I've never loved you."

She turned around and slowly walked away, unhappy at having to lie to him after she knew he'd spent 145 years searching for her, only to believe the lie that she'd just told him.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

Forgive me now

Every day I spent away

My soul's inside out

Gotta be someway

That I can make it up

To you now somehow

By now you know that

I'd come for you

It was a dismal night, as Damon spoke to Katherine, trying to get her turn back around, Silas being in his head, knowing by his thoughts what was going on. Silas had asked Damon for a deal. Silas knew where Stefan was, so he was up for a deal. Katherine in exchange for information of where Stefan was. So that was why Damon was going to hand her over to Silas. Katherine was only human now. She had a human lifespan. Besides, at the end of the day, family came first. To him, right now, Katherine wasn't family. Even if she did turn them both.

Katherine hung up with Damon, knowing that Damon was going to hand her over to Silas, knowing Silas wouldn't have left that quickly after she'd left. That's when Damon kept calling her, so she turned her phone off and put it in her pocket. Next thing she knew, she'd crashed the car into a streetlight pole, injuring herself quite a lot. She knew she had to leave, before Damon got there, knowing he'd probably be coming to find her, but she couldn't move. She was in way too much pain.

No one but you

Yes, I'd come for you