Plight

Summary: Revised version of S4 when the Founding Families went after Rebekah and others. But Kat comes back to town.

It was a dark night, as Katherine Pierce staggered into the Mikaelson house and upstairs.
When she got to the room, she leaned against the threshold to stay on her feet.
"Rebekah, where's Klaus?" she asked.
Rebekah set a bag of blood on the table, still angry after the fight with her brother. She then turned around.
"Why? And what are you doing here?" she asked in a not so nice voice.
"I was bitten by the hybrids he sent after me. I need your help. I need his blood; the cure. Please, Rebekah," she said, almost begging the Original sister.
"He's not the only one that'll cure that. So can I," Rebekah revealed to her.
"Then help me," Katherine said, half walking half staggering into the room.
Rebekah was instantly in front of her. She bit her wrist and held it out to her.
"Drink."
She watched the doppelganger vampiress drink.
Once she had had enough, the vampiress stopped and looked at her.
"Thank you."
"Don't make me regret it," Rebekah responded.
"You won't. I promise."
"Good."
"So what have I missed since I've been gone?"
"A lot. Alaric was turned by mother and alerted the council. They want us all dead I guess. But Alaric is dead now, Stefan is trying to get back to his old habits, and I killed Elena and almost Matt. I wanted Alaric dead and Elena was tied to him. I thought Alaric killed my brother. Now Elena's a vampire. Apparently, she had Damon's blood in her system. And I didn't know that."
"Wow. I missed a lot," is all she could say to that. Since Rebekah hadn't known, she couldn't be mad at her for Elena turning into a vampire.
Suddenly, arrows started flying.
"Get the blood and vervain! Just in case! Then we have to go!" Katherine yelled and grabbed the blood, putt it in a bag.

Rebekah obeyed and did the same with the vervain, putting it in the same bag.

They made it outside the Mystic Grille, before everything started to unfocus for Katherine, and Rebekah grew pale and weak. Rebekah had taken an arrow in the middle of her chest, while Katherine had taken an arrow in the leg.

Rebekah slid down the wall to sit down, while Katherine set the bag down and knelt beside her.
"Rebekah, hang in there," she encouraged the Original.
She took out Rebekah's cell phone and called one of the Salvatore brothers.
"Rebekah?" Damon questioned in surprise.
"It's us," Kat answered him.
"What are you doing with Rebekah?"
"She saved my life. Then we had to leave. We got shot with arrows; me in the leg and Rebekah in the chest. But we're both still alive. We're right outside the Mystic Grille. We need help, Damon. Something was on them. You should try and keep her awake, while I go see if anyone's in there."
"Will do," he replied to his sire.
She got to her feet and used the wall to hold herself up, as she staggered towards the door and opened it enough so they only saw one hand, her upper body, and unhurt leg. Then she leaned on the door and scanned the crowd within, stopping when she saw Tyler Lockwood and Caroline Forbes.
Caroline saw Katherine.
"Tyler," she informed him. "Katherine's back. Something's wrong."
He looked over his shoulder to see her. Caroline was right. The vampiress didn't look good. It looked like she could barely walk.
They got to their feet and briskly walked towards her, stopping once they stood in front of her.
"We need help. Rebekah and I were at Klaus' place. She cured me before arrows got us. Damon's on his way."
"Let's go," Tyler said.
All three walked in, Caroline closing the door behind herself.
They stopped by Rebekah.
"Damon, Tyler and Caroline are here," Kat told her childe.
Kat started to get blurry vision and swayed.
"Caroline, see what you can do for Rebecca," Tyler said. He then added, "You better hurry, Damon. Katherine's not looking that great."
Tyler stood in front of Kat, while Caroline knelt beside Klaus' only sister.
"Katherine, hang in there. Damon's coming," Tyler instructed the Petrova vampiress, unsure of what to do or what else to say.

Damon hung up soon after.

Not long afterward, Damon arrived. He instantly went to stand in front of Katherine.
"Tyler, get Rebekah to Elena's. I'll meet you there. Caroline, get that arrow out of Rebekah."
Both obeyed, leaving him with Kat.
He pulled the arrow out of her leg and she gasped in pain, as her vision got worse.
"Kat, look at me. Focus. Kat," he tried with no avail.
He caught her, as she lost her balance, unable to stand. And as he picked her up, he realized how weak she was. He felt her rest her head on his shoulder and wrap her arms around his neck.
"Stay awake, Kat," he instructed, as he sped towards Elena's at vamp speed.

Once inside, Damon gently sat her in Elena's recliner, while Tyler carried Rebekah upstairs to the guest room, which was formerly Ric's room, and before that, Elena's Aunt Jenna's room. Tyler and Caroline stayed with Rebekah, while Damon stayed in the living room with his sire. Elena stood by and watched.
Damon knelt in front of his Sire.
"Kat, stay with me."
"What happened?" Elena questioned her sire.
"The Council shot them with arrows. Something's on them. We need Meredith over here. She might know what's on them and how to cure them. And you need to call Klaus. He'll want to know about his sister."
Elena left the room to get her phone and call Meredith Fell and Niklaus.
Damon kept trying to keep Kat awake.
When Elena came back, she had Klaus on the phone on speaker. She set the phone down on the end table.
"How's Katerina?" Klaus asked, having been filled in.

"Not good," Elena replied.
"Let me try then," Klaus said. "Katerina, you have to stay awake. Think of your family. If you die now, you would've been fighting for nothing. You would've survived this long for nothing. You've been fighting for 500 years, Katerina. Don't give up now. You can't. We won't let you die," he told his former doppelganger, meaning it all. He had trust and faith in her now. And he cared about her. He then added to Elena, "I'm coming over to help. You'll have to invite me in. After this is all over though, you can uninvited me." He then hung up.

Half an hour later, he arrived and Elena invited him in. He walked into the living room and Damon stepped away, watching as he knelt in front of her.
"Katerina," Klaus said, looking at her.
She looked back at him, not knowing why he suddenly cared if she lived or died.
"Klaus," she said back.
Meredith soon arrived and started looking at the arrows.
Damon and Elena left the room to leave them be.
Elena and Damon entered the kitchen where Meredith stood by the bar.
"The tips are laced with a high volume of vervain," she told the vampires.
"Then we feed them blood and they'll get better soon," Damon announced.
"We can try that," Meredith agreed.
So they did and both got better.
Afterward, Klaus and Rebekah went home, as well as Tyler and Caroline.

Later, when Damon was at home and Kat had stayed behind, Kat sat on Elena's bed while Elena wrote in her diary.
"How are you feeling? Rebekah told me what happened. Are you adjusting?" Kat asked, concerned for her descendant.
Elena closed her diary and set her pen down, before turning around in her chair to look at her.
"Why do you ask?"

"Because I know how it feels. It's different for everyone, but I want to help you. You're my family, Elena. I may not show it, but I care. I really do care."
"Then you should've been here to stop all this mayhem. I didn't want this. Where were you, anyway?"
"I'm sorry, Elena. I would've been here if I didn't have hybrids on my tail. But I'm here to stay now. I'll help you in any way I can."
"You want the truth, Katherine? I'm tired. All I try to do is fight and do the right thing. But Damon said I have to drink from the vein. I don't want to and it's killing me, trying to not drink from the vein. He told me I can't drink animal blood and I can't. He said I could only drink from the vein and that's all I can do. I can't even keep Damon's blood down. What am I going to do?"
"Elena, did you say that when Damon says you can't do something, you can't do it?" Kat questioned.
"Yeah. Why?"
Kat was silent, but Elena saw Kat knew something.
"It can't be," Kat whispered.
"What?"
"Elena, I don't know how to say this but..."
"But what?"
"You're sired to Damon."
"How?" Elena questioned with horror and shock.
"I don't know, but it happens once in a while. It can be broken. We just have to convince him to free you from the sire bond."
So they did just that and she was released. But that didn't change the connection Elena had and felt for Damon.