I Found Love

Summary: Set in S1 "Fool Me Once and S2 1864 flashback, "As I Lay Dying," and "House Guest."

*Fool Me Once*

And I'll use you as a warning sign

That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

And I'll use you as a focal point

So I don't lose sight of what I want

And I've moved further than I thought I could

But I missed you more than I thought I would

It was a dismal night, as Damon stood in the tomb, searching for Katherine, a blood bag in hand, only to not see her there. That's when he realized she wasn't there.

"She's not here," he said. Then he through the blood bag which splattered on the rock wall. "She's not here!" he yelled.

*1864*

And I'll use you as a warning sign

That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

And I'll use you as a makeshift gauge

Of how much to give and how much to take

It was a dismal night in the woods, as they stood in front of each other, her against a tree.

"Why must you run from me?" he questioned her.

"Because I know that you will chase," she replied.

"Then let me chase you forever."

She made a cut by her collarbone.

"I'm not going to feed you, Damon. If you want it, take it."

"I choose you, Katherine," he said, and then fed from the cut.

*As I Lay Dying*

Oh I'll use you as a warning sign

That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Oh and I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

It was a nebulous night, as Katherine walked into his room, where he lay in bed, dying from the werewolf bite. It broke her heart that he was dying, but now she had the cure in hand. He'd be okay once she gave it to him, though he was just moments from death, she could tell.

She walked up to where he lay and put the vial of blood to his lips, making it go down his throat to cure him. When it was gone, she set the vial on the end table and rested a hand on the side of his face.

He looked at her.

"You came."

"Of course I came. I owed you one."

He watched, as she walked out of the room, not knowing what she meant.

*House Guest*

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

Katherine leaned over the couch, as if trying to read what Damon was reading from the journal, and he set it down and looked at her.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm hungry," she told him.

"Then go feed yourself," he replied.

She went to the basement and grabbed a blood bag. She set it back in the cooler though, when she sensed something from the cell they were keeping a daggered Elijah in. She opened the door to investigate, only to see the invisible force pulling the dagger out slowly.

"Hey!" she said to it, which made it stop. She then walked into the cell and, as a stake came flying towards her, she yelled, "Damon!"

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me

Damon heard her and blurred downstairs and rushed into the cell, and saw a stake in Katherine whom was against a rock wall and sliding to the floor.

"Katherine."

He saw an invisible force starting to pull the dagger out and grabbed a fire machine and pointed it at the invisible force, which stopped it. Then he put the machine down and rushed over to Katherine. She was seated on the floor and against the rock wall, a stake in her chest, desiccating. He pulled the stake out, making up his mind to save her. He hated her, but she was helping the good guys right now, so she was on their side for the moment. He tossed the stake to the floor and gently picked her up in his arms, carrying her out of there.

As he passed the cooler, he snagged a blood bag. Then, once in the living room, he gently layed her down on the couch and put the blood bag to her lips, making the blood go down her throat, saving her life.

Soon, she was okay, which strangely relieved him.