Saved In 1903

Summary: Set in S7. What if Damon died again and ended up in the 1903 prison world alone, instead of the 1994 prison world? What if he found an injured Katherine there? Will he care enough to save her life, or will he leave her to her own demise?

Damon Salvatore looked around, as he walked through the snowy weather, which let him know where he had ended up at. He had ended up in the 1903 prison world, instead of the 1994 prison world like he had last time. Except that last time he had died, he had died with Bonnie. This time he was alone.
Suddenly, he stopped, seeing someone in the snow. Because of the weather, he couldn't tell who it was from a distance, but he could tell that it was a girl.
He blurred over to kneel at her side, only to see that it was the one person in the world that he never wanted to see again.
"Katherine?" he questioned, though he didn't expect an answer because of how injured she was.
After deciding to save her, he gently pulled her into his arms and headed for the house that his mother had been staying in when they had come to fetch her.

Once in the house with the door closed and in a bedroom, he gently layed her down on the bed and, after getting what he needed, he took care of her wounds the best of his ability. He wasn't a doctor, but he knew what to do because of fighting in the war in 1864 on the south side.
Afterward, he rested a gentle hand on the side of her face.
"Katherine, it's me. Can you hear me?" he called to her.

An hour later, it relieved him when she slowly came to.
"Hey," he greeted.
"Hey," she greeted back. "What are you doing here?"
"I don't know. I somehow got here after dying. Enough about me, though. What the hell happened to you?"
"Kai," she answered.
"Then let's find an ascendant and get the hell out of here," he replied, deciding to save her from further torment by Kai.
In the end, they found their way out of there and Katherine fully recovered.