Lay Your Love On Me

Summary: Set in 5x1. After Kat gets into a severe car crash after Damon tried to hand her over to Silas, can Damon find her in time to save her life? Will she live, or will it be too late this time?

Katherine lay inside the upside down car. She could feel blood on either side of her head. She was sure she was quite injured after the car had rolled more than once, but she didn't care. She knew she should move, but she couldn't will herself to move. She was aware as she turned her head to the shattered driver's side window that her head hurt like hell. In fact, everything hurt, but as everything blurred and went gray, the pain began to leave her.

After not being able to get a hold of her, Damon decided to go look for her. If she was in any kind of trouble, it was his fault. He'd tried to hand her over to Silas to get his brother back. He didn't blame her for running the best she could as a human.

About twenty minutes later, he found his nearly totaled car. He could see someone still inside, as well as smell the blood. It had to be her, but she wasn't moving.

In an instant, he was knelt down. He then slid an arm under her, pulling her gently out of the wreck, before looking at her wounds. He could see blood on either side of her head, which made him assume that she probably had a concussion of some sorts. He could also see blood on her left hand from getting cut from some glass when the windows had shattered in the car wreck. She was pale from blood too, blood on the right side of her neck from glass cutting her, as well.

He rested hands on either side of her injured head.

"Can you hear me, Katherine? Come on, Kitty Kat. Open your eyes."

After a few minutes, she finally looked at him. He would've moved her sooner, but he knew he needed to be careful. With her injuries she had, he needed to watch out for anything that would effect her if he went to the hospital with her by himself.

"Damon?" she inquired of him, vision blurry again.

"It's me. It's okay. I'm gonna get you some help. Just hang on," he replied, resting a hand on her right shoulder that looked to not be hurt or injured, as he looked at her. "Anything broken?" he needed to know, before he could decide whether it would be a good idea to move her or not.

"I don't think so," she told him through the pain she felt from whatever injuries she had.

"That's good then," he replied. That meant the pain he could sense she was in wasn't due to anything that was broken. It was just because of her injuries she'd sustained from the crash. Making that assumption, he took his jacket off to help with some of the blood loss. He then tied his jacket around her hand and wrist, before sliding an arm gently under, putting her arm around his shoulders, pulling her into his arms again. He knew he had to be careful, but he also knew that she needed help soon. He could feel how weak she was, but he could also see how unfocused she was. She seemed to not have any fight left in her, as he heard her breathing starting to change for the worse. "Katherine, stay with me," he pleaded, as he slid his other arm under her legs, before getting to his feet with her.

She could feel herself being carried, as she felt as though she couldn't breathe, as everything began to go black for her. She knew she was probably dying. She could hear Damon too, but she couldn't fight the darkness, even though she figured it probably wouldn't be a good idea to give into it. She just wanted the pain to go away though, and she felt tired.

Twenty minutes later, Damon had gotten her to the hospital and was waiting for the doctors to get her stabilized for surgery. She was barely alive from the blood loss and her injuries.

Several hours later, she was out of surgery and would be okay, so Damon was seated on her bedside, a hand on the side of her face. He was quite thankful that she hadn't given up. After all, human or not, the Katherine he knew never gave up the fight.

When she had fully recovered, he took her to the boarding house, so everything was well, apart from Silas still being out there somewhere.