Woke Up With A Monster

Summary: What if Kat appeared to save Elena from Kai? What if Kat brought Bonnie home?

Elena slowly woke up to find herself seated in a chair, hands tied behind her with vervained ropes, Kai seated in front of her in a chair.
"What am I doing here?" She weakly asked, considering she was a vampire and vervain weakened vampires.
"You're here so I can practice controlling my magic, so I don't go around killing people," he explained to her.
She looked at him, as she gave Kai a disgusted look.
A moment later, she was hanging from vervained chains, which were attached to the ceiling in the hallway.
When he was melting Elena's Daylight ring, that gave her enough determination that she was able to break the chains and vamp speed away.

When he caught up with her, she was in the cafeteria.
She began to back away.
He walked towards her and began magically turning over and throwing chairs around.
"You don't have to do this," Elena said, trying to talk him out of it.
She went to run, but he grabbed her and pinned her against a wall, arm pressed up against her throat.
"I'm beginning to see why Damon likes you so much. If I wasn't using you to get what I want, I'd like to have you as my own."
"Get off me," she growled in warning.
He pushed on her throat with his arm some more. "You don't get to tell me what to do."
Suddenly, before she knew it, Kai was off her.
Kai got to his feet from where he had been thrown to the floor.
Kai and Elena looked to see Katherine.
"Stay the hell away from her," Katherine ordered him. She then looked at her doppelgänger. "Run." She looked at Kai again.
Elena vamp sped away, though she wondered why Katherine was back and why she had saved her from Kai.
Katherine stood a distance from Kai.
"I heard what you did. You absorbed Traveler magic. Now you're trying to destroy everyone's lives. You mess with Damon, Elena, and their friends and family, you're messing with me. Damon, Elena, Stefan, and Caroline are my family. I'll die for them any day. You think you're more powerful than anyone else, but you're not. There's a witch I know who's more powerful. That's how I'm back to my true form."
"You don't scare me," he said, before aiming to throw her.
She through magic at him, making him land on the floor.
"Who the hell are you?" He asked, getting to his feet, realizing that he may or may not win with her.
"The very famous Katherine Pierce. I'm descended from Travelers."
"That's why you're so good at controlling it," he realized.
"Actually, it's because my daughter taught me before she died. That, and I know a lot of witches; a couple being Bennettes. In fact, they're about to have a reunion." She smiled.
"What the hell did you do?"
"I let Bonnie come back home where she belongs."
Anger coursed through him and he magically through her roughly against a wall. Her head hit the wall and everything blurred.
"I thought you hated Bennettes. Why would you save her?"
"Because Bennettes have always been my friends."
He pulled her to her feet and pinned her to a wall, hand around her throat.
"It's time for you to die. You ruined my plans."
She tried to get his hand off her throat, as she tried to breathe from his hold around her throat, as he tightened it.

Elena was looking for a place to hide that Kai wouldn't find her at when he was done with Katherine, when she saw her best friend.
"Bonnie?"
The Bennette witch smiled.
Elena was instantly in front of her.
They hugged and then Elena let go.
"I can't believe it's you," Elena said.
"I can't believe I'm back. It's because of Katherine. Where is she?" Bonnie replied.
"She's in the cafeteria fighting Kai. She's human again."
Damon came towards them.
"Who's fighting Kai?"
"Katherine. She found me and we helped each other get back," Bonnie informed him.
"Go. We'll deal with Kai," Damon told Elena.
"I can't. Kai melted my Daylight ring."
"Then stay here. We can all go when we get rid of Kai."

Kat was about to black out, when she dimly saw Bonnie and Damon walk in.
And the cavalry arrives, she thought.
A moment later, Kai was off her and she was on the floor, Damon at her side. Then everything went black for her.
As Damon got to his feet with an out cold Katherine in his arms, Bonnie sent Kai back to where he had come from.

When she woke up, she was in Damon's bed in his room, feeling okay. So everyone lived as happily as they could, with Kat getting Elena a new Daylight ring.