Chapter 6

After Avi woke up, he walked around the house to check on everyone.

He'd thought he heard the Betas in the living room, but they weren't there anymore.

Avi went to Scott and Mitch's room first, opening the door slowly.

Scott was walking out of the bathroom when Avi waved at him and questioned him. "Where's the little one?"

Scott shrugged slightly, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "He went down the hall to talk to Kirstie about something. Or.. Maybe it was Todrick? I'm not sure. He was kind of mumbling when he walked out."

Avi nodded once and turned down the other hallway to check on his Betas.

He saw Mitch opening the door to their room, but as soon as it was open he gasped and froze in his spot.

Avi quickly walked over, peeked in the room, and slapped a hand over Mitch's eyes before pulling him away from the room and closing the door.

When they were in the living room, Avi removed his hand from Mitch's face. "What did you see, Peanut?"

"I-I don't know!" Mitch said desperately.

Avi shook his head. "Forget you saw anything. You got it?"

Mitch nodded quickly and turned to run and find Scott.

He ran into their room and jumped onto Scott's lap, causing him to grunt in surprise. "Jesus, Mitchie. What's wrong?"

Mitch shook his head a few times. "I-I didn't see a-anything! I promise!"

"What? Mitch. Talk to me."

Avi walked in the room and shook his head at them. "Nothing. He saw nothing. Leave the Betas alone."

He walked away grumbling something about Kevin forgetting to lock the door.

Scott looked down at Mitch again. "What in the Hell?"

Mitch hit his shoulder. "Don't curse. I saw... Kevin and Todrick... Doing the 'Love thing'."

"What?! Wow. Kevin's quick."

Mitch shook his head. "I know. Pants off, dance off."

Scott blinked at him once, and then started cracking up laughing.

Mitch just stared at him for a minute, and then started laughing too.

Scott set his head on Mitch's shoulder as he laughed. "I can't believe you said that! That's the funniest thing you've ever said to me."

Scott was quiet for a second, and then he started laughing again.

Mitch just shook his head and stood up.

Then he leaned down and kissed Scott while he was still laughing.

Scott pushed on Mitch's shoulders. "Say it again."

"Pants off, dance off."

And then Scott laughed even more.

********
After the party started, Mitch, Todrick and Kirstie were all near the front of the crowd in front of the stage.

While they were dancing like lunatics, Scott and Avi just stood by and watched.

Mitch and Todrick were dancing somewhat provocatively, but it's doubtful that they even noticed.

Kirstie was just a ball of sunshine, as usual.

Avi just watched, until Kirstie waved him over.