Chapter 67

The nurse was minutes away from telling the two pack's that visiting hours were over, when Kirstie finally ran into the room to be with Kevin.

She knelt down beside his head and frowned. "Come on, Kev Kev.. I have something important to tell you."

Avi leaned on the doorframe, trying not to crowd everyone.

Scott was leaning on the wall as well, realizing that it had been a long day for him.

Travis walked over to him for a minute or so. "I.. Didn't get to thank you for protecting Lexi. He told me what you did for him. How you stood up for him. How you looked out for him. And I.. Well. Thank you."

Scott waved a hand at him. "Don't mention it. It's what I do."

Travis patted his shoulder, and then walked back over to Alex.

Todrick still hadn't moved from Kevin's bed, his eyes closed as he held onto Kevin's hand.

Mitch stood next to Scott, pulling on Scott's arm to put it over his shoulders.

Scott allowed him to do it, not saying a word.

Mitch looked up at him. "Did you really see him?"

"Who?"

Before Mitch could answer, he heard Kevin mumble something.

Todrick sat up quickly, and shushed everyone in the room.

When everyone stopped talking, they looked to Todrick.

Todrick leaned forward a little to see Kevin's face a little closer. "Kevy? Baby? Did you say something?"

Kevin slowly opened his eyes and managed to croak out a single, "Whom."

Todrick threw his arms around him. "Oh, thank God!"

Avi quickly turned into the hallway to shout for a nurse.

Scott smiled a little. "Okay, fine. Whom?"

Mitch shook his head, smiling at Kevin. "Nevermind. We can talk about it later."

A nurse came rushing in the room to take care of Kevin, and she started pushing people put of the room.

Avi was the only one allowed to stay, as he was Kevin's Alpha, and Todrick refused to leave.

The others waited in the hall.

Scott sat down in one of the waiting chairs across the hall from Kevin's room, and before he could even get situated, Mitch sat down in his lap.

Mitch smiled and leaned into Scott's shoulder. "Now can you answer my question?"

"Mitchie, I still don't know who you're talking about."

Mitch sat up a little and faced him more. "Jamie."

Scott squinted at him. "Why do you ask? Who cares?"

"I don't even really know what happened to you... No one will tell me. That's why I asked." Mitch replied.

Scott slowly shook his head, looking away. "We're not going to talk about that right now, Mitch."

"Why did you come back to the car naked? Why was your head bleeding? Did he try to force you into something? Why aren't you answering me?"

Scott shook his head again. "Not here."

"But why? Why didn't you talk to me right away?"

"That's not fair. I was a little busy, Mitch. If you hadn't noticed. And don't you dare pull that on me. You didn't tell me about your old pack for months."