Chapter 27

Avi made sure that Mitch went into his room to be with Scott, before he went to Kevin's room.

Kevin sat up in bed. "Everything alright, Sir?"

Avi closed the door behind himself, and then pulled the box out of his pocket.

He walked over to the side of the bed and handed the box to Kevin. "Okay, but.. Before you open this.. Just know that Mitchell doesn't want you to touch it. Just look. I need your opinion."

Kevin nodded and sat up a little straighter, and then opened the small box, eyes widening at the sight. "Uh..."

Avi pulled the note out of the box and handed it to Kevin.

Kevin read it quickly. "This isn't good... How'd Mitchie react?"

"He was panicky about it. Didn't want me to touch it."

Kevin nodded. "And Scott?"

"Haven't told him yet. Mitchell didn't want me to. That's why I need your opinion. Should I talk to Scott about it myself? Or should I just give him the box and let him figure it out?"

Kevin hummed and closed the box. "I.. Well. I would recommend talking to him yourself, but with Mitch in the room as well."

Avi sighed and nodded, grabbing the box. "Um. Kevin...? The um. The underwear... You don't think Jamie actually made Mitchell wear them, do you?"

Kevin nodded sadly. "I think so. Probably all the time. That's why Jamie sent them here. To remind Mitch of what life used to be like. I'll bet there are a whole bunch of terrible memories attached to that undergarment. They're trying to scare him into coming back to their pack."

Avi tucked the box back in his pocket. "Do you think they sent something to Alexander too?"

"Probably. But I'm sure Travis can take care of it."

Avi was about to leave, but instead grabbed the box again and sat down on the edge of the bed, staring at it. "God.. Kev? Are they going to come back here?"

Kevin moved out from under the covers to sit beside him, putting a hand on his back. "Hey. It's going to be alright. You'll protect him if anything happens."

Avi smiled at him, and then looked back at the box. "I feel so awful for Mitchell..."

"Don't sit here feeling sorry for him. Just.. Get out there and protect him."

********

In the morning, Avi told Kirstie about what happened.

She was upset of course, almost cried.

But Avi kissed her until she stopped.

Kirstie frowned at him with watery eyes. "Poor Mitchie. Why won't they leave him alone?"

Avi kissed her temple. "It's alright, Princess. We won't let anything happen to him, will we?"

"No we won't."

He smiled at her. "Alright. Now. I have to go talk to Scott about this. If you have any questions about this, or you need something, you can speak with Kevin. Okay?"

She nodded and kissed him one more time before he stood up.

******

Avi walked into the room, forgetting to knock, and then closed the door silently behind him.

Mitch was asleep again, but Scott stirred slightly, glancing over at him.

Mitch jumped awake, and groaned. "Can I go back to sleep, Sir?"