Chapter 32

(A/N)

I've decided that I'm cooler on the internet.

That's, um.. *Awkward cough.* That's all, I guess.

HERE'S TO THE FIRST MATCH OF MY TENNIS SEASON. (It's today, ayeee)

Also, someone pointed out to me that Mitch was on Glee.

I haven't watched it personally, but if you have nothing to do, check it out xD

Was that a low key shout out.... I don't know. Whatever. Too tired to think it through.

AH I'VE BEEN TALKING FOR TOO LONG

MUST STOP

*********

Mitch and Kirstie had finished cooking in exactly 43 minutes.

The Alpha tasted their food, and then nodded in approval, checking a few things off his clipboard.

Kevin wandered into the room at some point during the cleaning part of the Omega test.

Kirstie was vacuuming as quickly as she could, while Mitch was demonstrating to the Alpha how to properly clean a mirror.

Kevin leaned down and set his head on Avi's other shoulder, the intelligence test wiping him out. "Alpha? My brain hurts."

"I'm sorry, Kev. Maybe we should invite Todrick over. See what he can do about it." Avi said with a sly smile.

Kevin just hummed. "That would be lovely."

Scott opened one eye when the sound of the vacuum stopped, and Kirstie rushed into the kitchen to clean it.

Mitch ran out of the small bathroom to make the bed that was against the wall, showing that he could do that as well.

Once the two Omegas were done, and confident in their work, they approached the Alpha with the clipboard.

He scanned his eyes down the list and then smiled at the two in front of him. "You two did absolutely phenomenal! The place looks great, and you did it in a remarkably small amount of time. Congratulations to you both."

Kirstie gave Mitch a high five and then they walked over towards the rest of the pack.

The Counsel Beta opened the door for all of them to follow. "I believe there is one more portion of the test. It is mainly for your Lead Alpha. But the test will be conducted by Albert."

Avi nodded and followed her closely.

She lead them into a room beside the surveillance room, where a large couch was, along with a chair set up facing the couch.

Albert told Avi to sit on the chair, his pack in front of him, while Albert stood beside him to ask him the questions.

Kevin sat on the far side, Kirstin next to him.

Mitch was sitting on Scott's lap, while he played with Scott's hair adorably.

Albert looked straight at Avi, his focus never faltering for a second. "As the Lead Alpha, it is your responsibility to protect, as well as care for these people. You should be in tune with their emotions, and know everything about them."

Avi nodded once.

Albert continued. "Each of your pack members will be given a white board, where they will write down their answers. You will give me your answer verbally, and we will see how much you know by how your answers compare. Does that.. Make sense?"

Avi nodded again.

Albert looked down at the clipboard. "Okay. Let's just get started, shall we? Betas have many fears because of how much knowledge they have. What is Kevin's biggest fear?"

Kevin quickly scribbled out a one word answer on his board.

Avi barely even blinked. "Love."

Kevin held up his board with a small smile, as Avi had been correct.

Albert nodded once. "And your Omega, Kirstin. What is the foreign country she would most like to travel to?"

Kirstie excitedly wrote her answer down, while Avi squinted at her for a second. "I'm going to say... Japan."

Kirstin held up her board, which said 'Bahamas/Japan'.

Avi glanced back at Albert who shrugged. "Good enough for me. Moving on. The male Omega. Mitchell. He went to therapy for something. What was it?"

Zero hesitation in Avi's answer. "PTSD, and a slight insomniac problem."

Mitch slowly held up a blank board. "Um. I'm sorry. The therapist said I wasn't supposed to know what was happening..."

Albert nodded slowly. "Oh. Oh. Alright. Um. We'll just give you a different question, alright? Let me see. Does Mitchell have any pets? If so what are they, and what are their names?"

Mitch smiled widely and started writing things on his whiteboard.

Avi just shook his head fondly at him. "He has a cat. Just one. And it's name is, um. Wyatt Grassi-Hoying."

Mitch pointed at him and smiled. "Wrong! His name is Wyatt Blue Grassi-Hoying!"

Avi blinked at him. "Oh. Oops."

Albert shrugged again. "Close enough. Who even uses middle names anymore? Now. Your other Alpha, Scott. What is holding him back from being a Lead Alpha?"

Scott just stared at Avi, confused.

Avi blinked at him a few times, his gaze never straying. "Well... Me."

Albert leaned down a little. "Please elaborate."

"I'm holding him back, because I'm in his way."

Scott gave him a sad smile. "That's not true. I'm here because I want to be. If I wanted to be a Lead Alpha, I'd have gone to do just that a long time ago."

Avi didn't have an answer for that.

Albert saw Scott's blank whiteboard and then decided to give them a different one. "What is one thing you've never seen Scott do?"

"Ooh. That's a weird question. Skydiving. Eating pudding. Oh! I've never seen him cry."

Scott wasn't writing anything, he just nodded.

Albert looked up at Scott. "You've never cried?"

"Not around these people, no."

Mitch nodded too. "It's true. I'm around him more than anyone."

Albert nodded slowly. "Alright then... Let's see. As a Lead Alpha, your members rankings are of severe importance to you. Recite them."

Avi started with Kevin, working his way across the couch. "Beta, 14/15, and 93% ideal. Omega, 6/10, and 60% ideal. Omega, 8/10 and 80% ideal. Alpha, 17/20 and 85% ideal."

Albert nodded, flipping a paper over to check Avi's answers. "All correct. Alright. We've got the easy ones out of the way. Now these are the questions that might offend your pack. Are you sure you'd like them to stay?"

Before Avi could answer, Kirstin jumped in. "We're staying."

Albert still looked to Avi for an answer, who just shrugged. "I guess they're staying."

Albert nodded and flipped yet another paper. "Then let's get started."

********