Chapter 77

Scott ran his hand up and down Mitch's back, deep in thought.

Mitch had only just closed his eyes when Scott whispered to him. "Baby? Are you still awake?"

Mitch looked up at him as his answer.

Scott smiled a little. "Just.. Listen to me for a second. Okay? I know you didn't mean to hit Kirstin. I know she said something to you, that hit a little too close to home. And.. I understand. You took that isolation punishment, and you were good about it. Avi is only upset about it because he.. You know. He's never really loved anyone before. And his parents were awful, and he doesn't know what it's like to have someone that loves him unconditionally. Does that make sense?"

Mitch nodded a few times. He already knew this. So, why Scott was bringing it up now, was beyond him.

"And.. I'm sure you didn't mean to say anything mean to Todrick. He was just trying to be helpful, and he upset you. But honey.. Just because people upset you, doesn't mean you should be awful to them. Be the bigger person. And if it really bugs you, then just come straight to me. You know I'll take care of it. I'd do anything. You know very well that I'd never let someone do something mean to you and let them get away with it. Even if it was Kirstie."

Mitch smiled a little, and lifted the tie from his mouth before pointing to his lips.

Scott smiled widely before leaning in to kiss Mitch's lips.

Scott reached around and untied the thing from Mitch's face completely, before kissing him again.

When he pulled away Mitch stared at him with wide eyes, full of curiousity.

Scott's eyes searched Mitch's face. "I haven't seen your beautiful face in what seems like forever."

Mitch smiled, dimples on full display.

Mitch pointed at himself, then made a heart shape with both of his hands before pointing at Scott.

Scott comprehended it immediately and he kissed Mitch's forehead. "I love you too, baby boy."

Mitch giggled, and almost said something back, but he slapped his hands over his mouth.

Mitch frowned when he thought about not being able to tell Scott how much he loved him. Or how beautiful he was.

How was Mitch supposed to destroy Scott's insecurity without using words?

Mitch pouted a little as he thought about it.

Scott noticed and tilted his head. "You okay, honey?"

Mitch didn't answer at all, just continued to zone out, eyes staring at Scott's chest.

Scott leaned down and caught Mitch's lip between his teeth, tugging on it gently.

Mitch jumped a little at the action, and then he watched Scott gently pull away with a smile.

Scott instantly picked up on Mitch's change in facial expressions. "Oh? You like that, baby?"

Mitch giggled again and nodded.

When Scott laid flat on his back, Mitch snuggled into his side and nibbled lightly at his neck.

Scott closed his eyes a little, ready to sleep, until Mitch's nibbles turned into bites.

Scott let him do it, until Mitch accidently bit him a little too hard.

Scott flinched away with a yelp. "Mitchie, be careful."

Mitch didn't relent though, continuing his work on Scott's neck and trailing down his shoulders, before doing the same to Scott's collar bones.

Scott tapped Mitch's shoulder lightly. "Sweetie, what are you doing?"

Scott tried to push him away a little, but Mitch proceeded to nibble on his chest.

"Mitchie. Stop it. Do as you're told."

Mitch slowly leaned back. He traced the words 'I love you' into Scott's chest with one of his fingers.

Scott watched him. "I know, honey. Just because you can't use words to tell me, doesn't mean I don't know it."

Mitch pouted again, wanting nothing more than to speak.

He pointed at Scott.

Scott nodded slowly. "Me?"

Mitch nodded, and then looked up a little and blinked rapidly.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows for a second. "What?"

Mitch huffed and tried again, this time waved his hands in front of himself as if to cool himself down.

"Hot? You're warm? Want me to turn the A/C up?"

Mitch shook his head and pointed at Scott.

"Me? I'm warm? Do I have a fever or something?"

Mitch shook his head again, more exaggerated this time. He pointed at Scott, and then cooled himself down again.

"Oh! Oh! I'm hot!" Scott shouted, excited.

Scott heard Kevin laugh loudly in the other room, probably hearing him shout.

Scott cringed and then shouted again. "Sorry!"

Scott heard Travis' laugh combine with Kevin's, and then Alex yelled back. "No need to be!"

Scott chuckled and looked down at Mitch who was laughing quietly.

Scott ducked down to kiss Mitch's nose. "So, I'm hot, eh?"

Mitch nodded quickly.

Avi and Kirstie burst into the room, then.

Kirstie skipped straight into the bathroom, to get ready for bed.

Avi walked in slowly and looked to Scott and Mitch.

Mitch saw him and cowered into Scott to hide as much as he could.

Avi stared at him. "Where's the tie I put on him?"

Scott held it up in his other hand. "I can't kiss him if he has a gag in his mouth."

Avi nodded once. "Fair enough. And he hasn't said a word?"

"Not a single syllable. You can even ask Alex." Scott replied.

"Maybe I will."

"If it'll make you feel better."

Avi glared at him, and then turned to walk to the other room to ask Alex.

When he came back, Avi gave him a nod. "Good. We'll discuss this in the morning. Until then, not a word."

Mitch frowned at him and his eyes filled with tears.

"Don't you dare give me those puppy dog eyes. You acted wrongly, and this is what you deserve."

Scott nodded, pulling Mitch's head into his chest. "We know. Thank you, Alpha."

Avi just walked away, still more angry than he'd like to admit.

Scott held Mitch tightly. "Just go to sleep, honey. Everything will go back to normal in the morning."

Mitch nodded and tried as hard as he could to fall asleep.

Avi got ready for bed, making sure Kirstie was in bed before he walked through the two rooms to make sure everyone was okay.

Travis and Alex both appeared to be asleep, while Todrick had fallen asleep on Kevin's shoulder, Kevin who was reading a book.

Avi then turned to his own room, seeing Kirstie waiting for him, and Scott who was hanging onto Mitch.

Avi climbed into bed with Kirstie, watching as she set her head on his chest, and then kissing the top of her hair just before she closed her eyes.

*********