Chapter 44

That morning, Kevin accidently woke Kirstie up when he stood to use the restroom, but she was thrilled.

She had found a new love for cooking with the Betas.

Kirstie jumped up, and smiled at Todrick, who was rubbing one of his eyes, still sitting on the bed.

She ran to his side of the bed. "Would it be okay if I cooked breakfast with you guys?"

"Absolutely. Want to make pancakes or something?"

She smiled widely, nodding. "Yes please! Can we make them into cool shapes and stuff? And can I try some of your guys' tea? I've always wanted to try it!"

Kevin walked out of the bathroom then. "You can do whatever you want, Kit. Just keep your voice down a little."

She nodded and covered her mouth. "Oh, of course. Sorry."

Todrick stood up then, and Kevin kissed his temple. "Morning, Toddy. How are you?"

"I'm good. Little tired." Todrick mumbled.

Kevin opened the door for all of them, before leading them towards the kitchen.

Scott woke up when he heard Kirstin talking loudly.

Mitch instantly looked up at Scott when he jumped awake.

Scott just shook his head, gently pushing Mitch's head against his chest before rubbing comforting circles onto his arm.

Mitch practically melted in his arms, asleep again in seconds.

Scott lay awake for a little while though.

Jamie.

The wedding.

Todrick and Kevin.

Jamie.

Proposing to Mitch.

Avi's illness.

Jamie.

Mitch's jealousy.

Jamie.

Jamie.

Jamie.

Scott shook his head at himself.

Maybe he should just go back to sleep.

He almost did, too. Until Avi woke up in a coughing fit.

It didn't stir Mitch at all though.

Scott patted Avi's arm when he finally regained control of his breathing. "You okay?"

Avi nodded a little. "I think so. God, what the fuck is wrong with me?"

"You're just sick, Av. It happens to everyone."

Avi frowned. "But shouldn't my Alpha genes have taken it out by now? What's happening to me?"

"You're starting to freak me out." Scott replied, finally turning to look at him.

Avi shook his head again. "Yeah. Me too."

Scott looked down at Mitch, still sleeping like a log. "What are we going to do about Jamie?"

"I.. Don't know. I can't think straight right now. Ask Kevin."

"What if something happens while you're sick? And I can't protect him?" Scott asked frantically.

"Don't talk like that. Everything will be okay. Don't freak yourself out about it." Avi offered.

Scott shook his head. "God.. I'm so stressed out right now, Avi. I'm just putting that out there."