Chapter 97

Scott closed the door slowly and turned around, seeing Mitch with his arms over his chest.

Scott looked down at the ground. "Go ahead..."

"Why won't you tell me? Why does it matter?"

"You're getting so offended... I don't want to upset you..." Scott answered timidly.

"Just tell me! You know how many I've been with. You even know their names. This isn't fair."

"Mitch, I'm not obligated to tell you everything."

"Aren't you? We're not supposed to keep secrets."

Scott took a deep breath. "Okay, fine. Before I met you... I had been with seven others."

Mitch's jaw dropped, and his arms fell to his sides. "Seven?! You can't even date until you're out of school! You had only been out of school for like a year when you met me! How could you possibly have swung that?!"

"Please don't shout at me. They were just people I dated, Mitch. I only did...Other things with two or three of them."

"You don't remember?"

"No, because they weren't important to me."

Mitch took a step closer to Scott. "Were any of them male?"

"One. The last one, before you."

"And... He was one of the ones you fucked?"

Scott leaned against the door. "Stop using that ugly word. But yes. He was... But Mitchie, I didn't Mark any of them. I never loved any of them. I love you. Only you."

"Did you go through a Heat with any of them? All of them?"

"No, Mitch. Stop that. I only helped one through her Heat. Only one."

Mitch pouted at him, and tears visibly filled his eyes. "I wasn't your first anything..."

"Yes you were. You have the first and only Mark I've ever given. You're the only person I've ever loved. Okay? Stop doubting your importance in my life."

Mitch's sadness turned to anger all of a sudden, and he pushed Scott's back into the door with a shove on his shoulders. "Why didn't you ever tell me?!"

"Mitch, don't push me. Do you hear me? I didn't tell you because it isn't important. I'm not judging you by who you've been with in the past, so I expect you to do the same."

*********

Todrick left to check on Travis and Alex, and was back in less than three minutes.

He walked in and sat down beside Kevin with wide eyes. "They're having make-up sex."

Kirstie gasped, and Avi just chuckled.

Kevin put his arm around Todrick's waist. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"I didn't see it. Hotel doors being locked and all. But I definitely heard it. I'm surprised they haven't got a noise complaint yet."

Kevin smiled a little at him, and just then Scott walked out of the other room with Mitch behind him.

Kevin began talking to Scott, but Avi zoned out.

And in that moment, he decided he missed spending time with Kirstie.

Just the two of them.

But he couldn't just ditch his responsibilities for a night... Could he?

Avi tilted his head and then looked at Kirstie, who was now talking to Todrick.

Mitch was the one who finally noticed Avi staring at nothing, and he walked over to set his hand on Avi's shoulder. "Hey..."

Avi smiled up at him. "Uh oh. I'm about to get really romantic."

Mitch noted his sarcasm, and raised him a little sass. "You've already gotten married. How much worse could it get?"

Avi just winked and then stood from the bed to get Kevin's attention. "Am I allowed to... Like.. Leave? If Kirstie and I just... Go to dinner? Can I do that?"

"I mean it's your pack. You can do anything you want."

Avi smiled, that being exactly the answer he'd wanted to hear.

Avi smiled at Kirstie and waved her towards him, heading for the other room so they could converse quietly.

Kevin looked at Scott again. "So that sounds like a movie night for us."

Todrick groaned. "Speak for yourself. I have two other people to babysit."

Scott shrugged. "I'll do it. I know Alex will listen to me. Travis probably would too. Or if I take Mitch with me, Travis will definitely listen to him."

Todrick smiled gratefully. "That would be amazing. Thank you."

Kevin smiled at him again. "So... Now can it be a movie night?"

"Speak for yourself." Todrick repeated. "I'm sleeping until the end of time."

*******

After Avi and Kirstie left, Mitch picked out a movie for everyone and then laid down beside Todrick to watch it.

Scott was down the hall with Travis and Alex, but in the midst of their act of passion, Travis asked politely for Scott to come back later.

On Scott's walk back to his own room, he saw an Omega sitting outside her door, back against the wood, with her head bowed down in shame.

Scott knelt beside her and set his hand gently on her back. "Are you okay, Omega?"

She flinched away at first, and then jumped closer to hug him. "I'm in trouble... I'm in so much trouble."

Scott rubbed her back, not wanting her to be upset. "Calm down, Sweetie. It's okay. What's your name?"

"Hannah." She answered quietly.

Scott pulled away from her and sat down completely, in front of her. "Why are you in trouble, Hannah?"

"I.. I was bad. I did a bad thing. Alpha got mad... Alpha didn't want to hurt me... Sent me away." She whispered, grabbing Scott's hand for comfort.

Scott allowed her to, even when she squeezed his hand too tight. "I'm sorry, Hannah. He did what he thought was best. At least he didn't hurt you. Want to tell me what you did that was so bad?"

"I.. No. I don't. Is that okay? I mean... I can if you want me to."

Scott shook his head and smiled. "No, that's okay. I don't need to know. I'll stay out here with you if you want."

She tried to move away. "No, no... I couldn't possibly..." But then she moved a little closer to him. "But..."

"I can stay, Sweetie. Don't be scared." Scott replied gently.

Hannah glanced behind her at the door. "But... What if she gets mad?"

Scott was taken back for a second. "She?"

Hannah nodded slowly, a little confused. "Yes..."

Scott tried to cover it up, but before he had the chance, the door opened behind Hannah.

A female Alpha glared at Scott, and then pointed inside the room for Hannah to go.

Hannah scurried off without a word, but left a grateful glance in Scott's direction.

Scott backed away slowly and watched them go into the room, before he turned around to walk back to his own room.

*******