Chapter 148

Scott was almost done with explaining his reaction to his father's actions, when he had to stop himself so he wouldn't burst into tears.

Kevin noticed immediately, and reached over to hug him. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you talk about it if you weren't comfortable."

Scott shook his head. "It's okay." He pulled away, and turned a little to look around the room. "I wish Mitchie would come back. Wyatt is getting fidgety."

Kevin glanced over at Wyatt's cage in the corner of the room. "Aw. Poor thing."

Todrick had just gotten what Mitch wanted from the vending machine, and was handing it to him.

Mitch thanked him almost a dozen times, and then put the snack in his back pocket.

Avi immediately took note of an Alpha down the hall staring at Mitch.

He put his hand on Mitch's upper back to lead him up to their room, Todrick following closely.

Mitch looked at him oddly. "What's your hurry? Didn't you want to get something too?"

Avi didn't answer, he just turned to see where that Alpha had gone.

Todrick turned too, curious as to what he was looking at. "Alpha, is there something wrong?"

Avi gave Mitch a reassuring smile, and then turned to Todrick, with a slight frown. "Maybe I'm overreacting."

Todrick wasn't convinced. "Are we in danger?"

Avi ushered them into the elevator. "No. Just... Come on."

Todrick was fidgety the entire way up.

And then, as they were walking down the hallway to their room, the lights went out for a few seconds, before they turned back on again, but a little dimmer than before.

Mitch had shut his eyes and grabbed Avi's arm. "What's happening?"

Todrick evaluated the situation. "Must've been a power outage from the storm. The lights are on a different setting, which usually suggests a back-up generator."

The lights flickered once more, and in the darkness, Avi can recall hearing a door open, and then slam shut before the lights turned back on.

He was now stood, with only Mitch at his side.

Avi looked around frantically. "Todrick?"

Mitch whimpered, holding on even tighter to Avi's arm. "I can smell them." He whispered.

"Who?"

"Jamie's Pack. They're here, Alpha."

Avi grabbed Mitch's forearm and led him towards their room, before fumbling around with the key card to open the door.

The lights flickered once again, but before it could go dark, Avi tried to grab Mitch's arm.

Mitch wasn't paying attention though, his eyes closed to avoid being faced with the darkness.

Avi was just trying not to panic. "Mitchell Grassi, come here."

Mitch's eyes flashed open, and he walked over to Avi, who then pushed him into their room.

Mitch was terrified, and he quickly ran to find Scott.

Before he walked into the other room, he turned to see Avi walking in the door behind him.

Except, Avi wasn't there.

Jake stood up and closed the door before turning to Mitch. "What's going on?"