Chapter 169

Avi took Mitch and his blanket into the kitchen to lecture him on why he'd been punished.

Scott sat on the ground in front of the couch while Kevin massaged his shoulders. "You're way too stressed out, Alpha. You shouldn't be this tense."

"Sorry." Scott replied with a shrug while he ate his lunch.

Kevin shook his head slowly and continued to work out the knots in his upper back. "You work yourself too hard."

Mitch came back into the room and sat down beside Scott, burying his face into Scott's shoulder.

Which wouldn't have meant anything, until Scott felt the tears falling on his arm. "Avi, you made him cry?!"

Avi didn't say a word as he stood behind everyone, who chose to keep quiet as well.

Scott let out a loud sigh. "God damn it."

Kevin gasped. "Don't curse--"

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and yell at me. But God damn it. I wish we could all just be happy again. I wish things could go back to how they were. It was better when Avi and I were the only ones not getting along. But now it's everybody. Avi yelled at Kevin, Todrick yelled at Alex, Kirstie yelled at Mitch, I yelled at Avi... I hate it. More than anything else."

No one said a word.

Scott shook his head and continued. "I just... When did everything change? When did we all start yelling at each other? When did it get so bad that Avi had to bring back punishments? When did I start drinking? When did Avi start getting nightmares? When did Mitch start bossing me around? When did Kevin start being the Leader? When did Alex start crying himself to sleep?"

Scott stood up all of a sudden, and walked towards the front door, trying to run away from his problems again.

Avi ran over and grabbed his arm."Oh, no you don't."

Scott turned and frowned. "I have to get out of here. Please just.. Let me... Anything. Let me do something. I can't..."

"Jesus, are you okay? Are you having a breakdown or something?"

"I don't know. I don't feel so good." Scott confessed.

Avi grabbed one of his arms to keep him balanced, while Kevin jumped off of the couch to walk over to Scott.

Kevin felt his forehead, checked his pulse, looked at his pupils... But nothing seemed to be wrong. "Have you been sleeping okay?"

"Yeah."

Mitch scoffed. "That's not true. He has nightmares almost every night."

Kevin pursed his lips. "Maybe you just need some sleep. This stress is eating away at you, and your body isn't at it's best to be able to deal with it. You're overworking yourself."

"No.. I'm fine. I just need to sit down."

Kevin shook his head. "You might need to see a doctor..."

Scott groaned. "No."

Avi gave him a quick once over and then looked to Kevin. "I trust your decision. Doctor?"

Kevin hesitated, and then nodded once. "Doctor."

Avi pulled Scott towards the couch to give him somewhere to relax.

Alex frowned at him when he sat down. "Are you okay?"

Scott just nodded.

Kevin went into the kitchen to make the phone call, and Todrick tried to elaborate more on Scott's condition.