Chapter 43

Todrick lead Kirstie out of the room to pick out a color of nail polish, when Kevin turned to Scott. "Will you please stay with him?"

"What about Mitch? He can't be alone. And I refuse to let him sleep without me, considering what's happened today." Scott shot back.

Kevin sighed, glancing to Mitch. "You need to take some vitamins if you're going to stay in a room with him. But don't get too close to him. No hugging or anything. Come with me really quick."

Scott watched them leave, before taking his shirt off and climbing onto the bed beside Avi.

Avi started a sentence, before stopping to cough, and then tried again. "You don't have to stay. I'm fine on my own."

"No, no. It's cool. Alpha sleepover." Scott mumbled, his face pressed into a pillow.

Scott was lying on top of the covers, allowing Avi to see all of him. "Nice pants, Rookie." He remarked.

Scott mumbled back a halfhearted, "Thanks."

Avi chuckled a little. "Where'd you get them?"

"Don't know. Got them for Christmas."

"Really? From who?"

Kevin opened the door for Mitch, and then corrected Avi. "You mean whom."

Avi looked up at him. "Do I really? Who says that anymore?"

"Classy people. Goodnight you three. Try not to argue." Kevin said, closing the door quickly after so they couldn't yell at him.

Scott sighed, and then felt the bed dip beside him as Mitch cuddled up to his side.

Avi sighed too. "How many pills did he make you take, Peanut?"

"6."

Avi snorted. "Of course he did." He glanced over at him again. "You sleep with all your clothes on? Isn't it like.. Bad to sleep in jeans?"

Scott looked over at Mitch, fully clothed. "Strip down a little, honey. You'll get too hot."

Mitch frowned. "You're still wearing pants."

"Yeah, but I'm not going to complain about being too hot. Just.. Take my advice, alright?"

Mitch nodded and got up from the bed, stripping down to just his boxers.

Avi laughed a little. "For a second I thought those were Scott's boxers."

Scott and Mitch exchanged a knowing look, before Mitch climbed into bed next to them.

Mitch poked Scott's back. "Aren't you going to take stuff off too?"

"Wasn't planning on it." Scott mumbled tiredly.

Avi patted his bare shoulder. "Nothing to be ashamed of, Rookie. Everyone's seen you naked. You used to take pride in that."

Scott didn't answer.

"What if I promise to keep my hands to myself?" Avi asked sarcastically.

Scott looked over at him. "Leave me alone. I'm comfortable in what I'm wearing."

Mitch frowned again, kissing Scott's shoulder blade lightly. "Do you not think you're beautiful anymore?"

Scott just shook his head, trying to sleep.

Avi sat up a little, poking Scott's arm. "Come on now. Don't be like that. Tell me what's wrong."

"Avi, just be quiet. Please." Scott replied.