Chapter 193

Kirstie walked in the kitchen and sat by Alex, who was still drying his tears.

Avi stood up slowly and walked down the hall, going straight into Scott's room without knocking.

Scott sat up and then stood from the bed, Mitch sitting up as soon as Scott's warmth left him.

Scott stared at Avi for a second, and noticed his lip start to tremble. He took a few quick steps forward and grabbed him in a rough hug.

Avi didn't hug back, but instead closed his eyes and rested his forehead against Scott's shoulder.

Scott held him gently, not sure what else he could do to help if Avi was about to have a break down. "Mitchie, can you give us a second?"

Mitch instantly got up and walked out the door, making brief eye contact with Scott.

Avi finally let a tear fall, and Scott felt it on his bare arm.

Scott ran one of his hands up and down Avi's back. "Hey, tough guy... You alright?" He spoke quietly, hoping not to embarrass him.

Avi grabbed fistfuls of Scott's shirt, and tried to keep his breathing under control. "Alexander... Told me something about his parents... And.. It really hit home.. I'm sorry, Rooks.. I'm probably getting tears all over you."

Scott hummed and moved his head away just enough to kiss Avi's temple. "It's okay, Alpha. Do you want me to find Kirstie? Or Kevin?"

Avi's body shook a little, and he pulled Scott closer by his shirt. "Just..." He couldn't force himself to ask.

Scott backed up a little. "Avi..."

Avi looked at him with watery eyes, hating himself for appearing weak in front of another Alpha. "Don't make me say it."

Scott stared at him sadly, not knowing how else to do what Avi needed, if Avi couldn't tell him.

Avi finally growled at himself, and shoved Scott away to wipe his eyes.

Scott fell back, not expecting to be pushed that hard. "Avi! What is wrong with--?"

Avi covered his mouth and sobbed once, walking straight into Scott's chest to cry again. "Just hold me, God damn it!"

Mitch walked down the hallway, turning to see the Betas making out on the couch. He covered his eyes quickly when Kevin made eye contact with him after briefly opening his eyes.

Kevin pecked Todrick's lips once more and then smiled at Mitch. "Hey, Munchie. Come here, please."

Mitch walked over slowly. "The Alpha is crying... Is he hurt?" Mitch sat down carefully on Kevin's lap, eyes shining with curiosity.

"I guess you could say that. He's just upset because he feels bad for being cold with Alex. And he's already on edge because the baby is due pretty soon."

Mitch nodded and smiled at Todrick, who was sitting beside Kevin on the couch. "Hi."

Todrick grinned back. "Hey, Mitchie Moo. How are you this morning?"

"I want to kiss my Alpha. Really bad."

Todrick nodded slowly, not expecting that answer. "I.. Okay. Well... Why don't you go do that? You know he wouldn't mind."

"He's busy. He's trying to make the Alpha feel less sad."

Alex walked out of the kitchen, and smiled at Mitch. "Hi! It's been such a long time since I've seen you. Can I have a hug?"