Chapter 106

Avi came home with just enough time for a late lunch.

Todrick was by Alex's side instantly, which led Kevin to bringing both Alex's and Todrick's food over to that bed for them.

Kirstie was distributing other people's meals, which came in cute, little boxes.

After handing them all out, she ran over to sit beside Scott, because she knew something was wrong with him.

Mitch didn't say a word to him, and Scott didn't make any effort to say anything back.

Avi sat at the edge of the front of their bed, eating in silence.

Kirstie noticed Scott pushing his food around on his plate. "Are you okay, Alpha?"

Scott nodded slowly. "Yeah."

"Is it because of Alex? Because Kevin says he'll be alright in a few days."

Scott heard Mitch huff at the mention of Alex's name, and it made him sit up a little straighter.

Kirstie looked around at the other's plates, and even Mitch was almost done.

She looked back to Scott's nearly full plate. "Oh, gosh... You're going to hate me for this.." Kirstie glanced up to look at the back of Avi's head. "Alpha? I hope I'm not being a snitch, but Scott isn't eating."

Avi turned around immediately when he heard her voice, and then nodded as her statement came to a close. "Thank you, Kitten. I'll take care of it."

Scott didn't look up, or respond in any way.

Avi took about another minute to finish his food, and then he stood up to collect everyone's plates, but Kevin was already halfway done with the task.

Kevin gathered all of their plates and put them in a pile on the cart they'd come in on. He was sure to leave Scott's separate, knowing he would have to come back to it later.

Avi smiled at Kirstie. "Why don't you go ask Alexander how he's feeling, and I'll be right back?"

She nodded. "Yes, Sir."

Avi watched her go to the other side of the room, before beckoning Mitch and Scott over as he turned to walk into their second room.

********

Scott was now sitting on the edge of the bed, Mitch sitting beside him, but neither of them made any contact with the other.

Avi looked at them for a moment. "Okay. Now I know something is wrong."

Mitch tilted his head. "How?"

"Scott's not making any kind of physical contact with you. He isn't even giving you his signature heart eyes. So something must be wrong. Care to share?" Avi prompted.

Mitch looked to Scott, who just stared at the ground.

Avi gave Mitch a small smile. "Why don't you start, Peanut?"

Mitch looked at him, the ground, and then back to him. "Okay... He.. We got in an argument. Because I'm tired of being second best in his eyes. And if he wants to take care of Alex, he needs to get rid of me first, and stop pretending that I'm his one and only."

Scott turned to frown at him. "You are my one and only, Mitchie. Alex is no comparison. I just felt bad for him is all."

Avi nodded once at that. Understandable.

Mitch shook his head though. "Feeling bad is a hug and a pat on the back. Not groping him while I'm sitting right next to you."

"Groping him? Mitch, I did nothing of the sort." Scott defended.

Avi held up a hand. "Hold on. Slow down. Mitchell, let's not make up stories. It's in an Alpha's instincts to be a friend to any sad Omega. It's just natural. It's what we do. Alexander was seriously hurt. And even then, he can't have any of Scott's attention?"

Mitch looked down at the floor and grumbled. "I knew you wouldn't understand."

Avi knelt down in front of him, setting one hand on his knee. "Hey. Look at me. What don't I understand?"

"People practically beg for your attention. People need your help all the time. You're in the middle of a successful relationship, a wife, kids and all. You couldn't possibly understand what it feels like to be ignored." Mitch responded, making Scott feel more guilty with every single word.

Avi sighed quietly. "Mitchell... He isn't ignoring you. I hate that you feel that way, but he isn't ignoring you. He gives you so much of his attention, he could write a book about you. It's gotten to the point that he can't even give himself any mind, because he's taking care of you. Why isn't that enough?"

"Because he's giving Alex more attention than me. And I'm supposed to be his Omega. Not just something for him to come running back to when he's through with everyone else." Mitch complained.

Scott pouted at him, but kept his mouth shut.

Avi couldn't possibly look more confused. "What are you even talking about? I don't think you fully understand how significant it is that someone would lay their life down for you. Because to me, that seems like a kind of important thing. I understand that you feel neglected because he pays attention to other people. But don't you think you're going a little... Overboard with it?"

"No... Why aren't I the most important thing to him? I just want his attention..." Mitch whined.

Avi stood up and set his hands on Mitch's thighs, leaning forward to look him in the eye. "Mitchell. You're doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"His attention. If you're this desperate for his observation, you clearly don't trust him. If you're afraid of him spending time with other people, you don't trust him to be faithful to you. And that's--"

"That isn't true! I do have trust in him!" Mitch interjected.

"And now you have a punishment, too." Avi replied with a smirk.

Mitch pouted. "But...But..."

"No. That's enough. Scott will never, ever, in his entire existence, look at someone the way he looks at you. So stop underestimating how much love he has for you, before you doubt him so much that he needs to leave and find someone who will appreciate him."

*********