Chapter 68

(A/N)

ATTENTION PPP: I believe two of your own just got engaged (YAYY)

SO, in honor of this. DOUBLE UPDATE YAYYY (Also because I missed Allie's birthday yesterday. SO SO sorry about that haha)

AND HERE WE GO

******
Scott kneeled down in front of Mitch to meet his eyes. "Sweetheart..."

Mitch felt tears start to push at the back of his eyes. "Please don't l-leave--" He stopped when he heard himself stutter.

Mitch covered his mouth with his hand. "I am so sorry, Alpha. I didn't mean to--"

Scott interrupted him with a crushing hug, both of them still knelt on the ground. "I'm not mad. Just.. Do you realize how long it's been since you've stuttered? I'm so proud of you."

Mitch nodded against Scott's hold, hugging him back even tighter.

Scott pulled back and stared at Mitch's blue eyes, his eyes slipping to their red color without him even thinking about it.

Mitch smiled at him, putting one hand on Scott's cheekbone. "Your eyes are so pretty. Both colors."

Scott just smiled back. "Thank you, baby."

Mitch grabbed onto the front of Scott's shirt and pulled him into his chest to kiss him.

********

Avi was having a peaceful shower, trying to get all of his thoughts in order, when Kirstie walked into the bathroom, humming to herself.

Avi put a little shampoo in his hands, but froze when he heard her in the bathroom. "Kitten? Is that you?"

"Yes, Alpha. Sorry to bother you.. I'm just.. Lonely."

He heard her jump a little to sit on the counter, and then he started to wash his hair.

She continued to hum, and spoke at random intervals. "Want me to grab you some clothes for when you're done?"

"That's alright, Kit. I can do it."

And then it was quiet again. Until she thought of something else. "Should I wake up early to make Alpha Scott some breakfast before he goes to get Kevin tomorrow?"

"I'm sure Mitchell would be more than happy to take care of that."

Kirstie nodded, even though Avi couldn't see her.

Avi peeked out of the shower after turning the water off, only showing his head outside of the shower curtain. "Did I put a towel out there?"

Kirstie looked around for a second, and then grabbed a red towel sitting on the counter top. "Yes, you did."

She got up to hand it to him, and then he put the curtain back before wrapping it around himself.

When he stepped out of the shower, only half naked now, Kirstin smiled and snagged his hand. "Can we watch a movie before we sleep?"

"Sure, Princess."

She laid down on the bed before finding the remote for the small T.V. in their room, while Avi quietly got dresssed.

He simply slipped on some underwear, and then some work out shorts over them.

Avi then laid down beside Kirstie, holding her hand while they laid beside each other.

He looked up at the T.V. finally. "What are we watching?"

"Titanic."

"Honey. You know it makes you cry every time you watch it."

"I know... But.. You'll cheer me up. Right?"

Avi chuckled a little. "I'll see what I can do."

She giggled a little and then cuddled into his chest while she watched the movie.

She, of course, fell asleep before the movie even finished.

Avi just turned the television off before joining her in slumber.

It had only been a few hours, before Avi was woken up by Kirstie's whines.

He sat up a little, squinting to see her in the dark. "What's the matter, Kitten?"

She frowned and looked at him. "I'm hungry. But it's too late to eat."

"Says who?"

"Kevin. You should stop eating like... four hours before bedtime to stay in better shape."

Avi rolled his eyes slightly. "Oh please. You can eat whenever you want, honey. I have no problem with it. Just as long as you're happy."

Kirstie smiled a little. "So I can go eat? Even right now?"

"Absolutely. I'll come with you, in fact."

She giggled and stood up to follow him out the door.

He turned to her with a playful smile right before he walked out the door. "But we have to be quiet, okay? It'll be our secret."

She nodded and put a hand over her mouth.

Avi peeked inside Scott's bedroom for a moment, smiling at Mitch, who was alone at the moment. Avi assumed that Scott was in the bathroom or something.

Kirstie did the same, smiling at him too.

Avi then lead her to the kitchen, and when he turned on the light, he saw Scott leaning against the counter with a glass of water in his hand.

Kirstie waved at him before walking over to the pantry.

Avi walked over to Scott, arms over his chest. "What are you doing? If you're awake, shouldn't Mitchell be too?"

"I told him I was going to the bathroom, so he should just go back to sleep." Scott's voice rasped, rough from sleep.

Kirstie giggled, still looking through the pantry. "Your voice is nice in the morning. Even if it's only 2 A.M."

Avi ignored her momentarily. "So you lied to him?"

"I protected him from information he didn't need."

Avi rolled his eyes, leaning on the counter next to him. "Fine. Care to explain?"

"Just... Had a nightmare, that's all. I'm fine though." Scott mumbled, taking another drink of water.

"Why didn't you come get me?"

"I'm not twelve, Avi. I can handle a bad dream like a big boy."

Avi punched his arm lightly. "Don't be like that. I'm being serious."

"So am I. I just didn't think I needed your help, alright? Can we drop it?"

Kirstie walked over with a small bag of chips, munching on them happily.

Avi took a few chips when she offered them to him, although Scott politely declined.

Avi eyed Scott up and down skeptically. "Are you sure you'll be okay going to get Kevin tomorrow? You've probably been awake for a while."

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Scott went to walk past him, and Avi grabbed his arm, keeping their eyes locked. "If you ever need anything, you know where to find me. If you want to talk to me about your nightmare later, I'm leaving it up to you. Okay? Get some sleep, Rookie."

Scott nodded and then walked past him, Avi and Kirstie following with Kirstie's new bag of chips.

When Scott walked into his room, Avi let Kirstie go to their's while he watched to make sure Scott got back to sleep okay.

All Scott did was lay down, and Mitch clung himself to Scott's upper arm.

Scott turned and smiled at him for a second, kissing his forehead, before finally closing his eyes.

*******