Chapter 184

Mitch grabbed Scott's chin and moved him to sit up straight so Mitch could kiss him.

Mitch was also the first one to pull away. "I forgive you, Alpha. I promise. I just wanted to be sure that you liked them... You're the only reason I wanted to wear them."

"Don't wear them for me, honey. If you're unhappy in them, then change. I think you look absolutely wonderful in everything you wear, you know that."

Mitch nodded and looked down at his legs, where Scott was still knelt, but now had his hands on Mitch's thighs.

Scott looked down too, and then slowly stood back up. "Mitchie..? Can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can." Mitch patted the seat beside him on the couch. "Come here."

Scott sat down next to him, but kept his eyes on something across the room, rather than meeting Mitch's concerned expression.

Mitch grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You can tell me anything, Alpha."

"I know. I just... Don't like upsetting you with this kind of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

Scott took a deep breath, running his thumb over Mitch's thumb while he carefully chose the correct words. "I know that my parents were mean to you.. I know you probably don't like them very much. And I don't blame you. But.. Since I'm not around the house as much anymore, my dad has started taking his anger out on my mom. And she isn't the nicest person ever, I know, but that doesn't mean she deserves that kind of treatment."

Mitch nodded slowly. "Okay... And what are you going to do about it?"

"Well I don't know exactly. I thought I would run it by Avi. I just.. Needed to get it off my chest because I can't stop thinking about it."

Mitch gave him a warm smile, and leaned over to peck his lips before giving him a hug. "You're too nice. And that's one of my favorite things about you."

Scott hugged back for a moment, and then pulled away just enough to kiss Mitch's neck and mumble back. "Thank you, Sweetheart."

Avi stepped into the room for a second. "Scott, if you need to talk to me, I'm here. I heard you say my name. Meanwhile, Mitchell could you do me a favor and go check on Alexander?"

Mitch's eyes widened. "Sir, I don't want to argue.. But what if they're doing.. That thing..?"

"If you hear moaning, just turn right back around."

Mitch frowned. "Ew."

Avi crossed his arms over his chest. "I could always send Scott, but I can't promise that he and Alexander won't--"

He stopped himself when Mitch jumped off of the couch to do the task.

Scott stood up and gave Avi a glare. "You didn't have to freak him out like that."

Avi just turned and walked back into the kitchen. "Come on, Rooks."

Kirstie was putting sandwiches on plates, so she looked up quickly at Scott so she could get back to work. "Would you like me to step out so you guys can talk?"

Scott smiled. "No that's alright, Kit."

Avi leaned against the counter. "Okay, Rookie. What seems to be the problem?"

Mitch was tiptoeing down the hall, ready to hear something gross that would scar him for life.

Mitch made it all the way to the door, not hearing anything, until he slowly opened the door a crack and peeked in the room.