Chapter 115

She gave him a genuine smile, and wrote what he had requested.

Albert hummed when the Beta was finished with the 'name tags'. "That's better. Especially since you guys aren't as familiar with their names as I am."

One of the Counsel Alphas cleared his throat. "You were saying, Beta?"

Albert nodded. "By this example, Scott should be paired with Alex, Avriel with Kirstin, and Jake with Mitch. So how is it, that they're not paired as they should be?"

An Alpha on the far side of the row of desks, spoke for the first time. "It's not like Scott was comparing anybody when he chose his soulmate. He saw the little Omega, and fell in love. Who cares what his Ranking is?"

Scott smiled and looked down the line of his friends, and met Mitch's eyes, as he looked back towards Scott for the same reason.

Albert nodded slowly. "That's reasonable..."

One of the Betas held up her pen. "But that isn't the point. I'm not doubting the love. I think the question is, why didn't the better Omega gravitate towards the better Alpha?"

Avi's eyebrows came together, when the Beta brought up a good point. "Well... He did, technically. As soon as Scott met him, Alexander was always attached to him. Drove Mitchell crazy, that's why I remember. It also... It got so bad that it affected Alexander's previous marriage."

Albert looked towards his other Counsel Officials. "And thus, the connection between the strongest Alphas and strongest Omegas, must be instinctual."

Alex offhandedly slung one arm over Kirstie on one side of him, and Todrick on the other.

Kirstie turned and giggled, never really realizing how tall Alex was.

Avi smiled at her when he looked over to the Omega side of the line, but gradually frowned when he saw Mitch with his arms around himself, listening to Albert attentively.

Avi then looked to Scott, who had zoned out again and was staring at the ground.

Avi elbowed him in the side, as gently as he could while still being forceful enough to get his attention.

Scott flinched and looked at him. "Oh.. Sorry." He whispered.

*******

Albert had let them leave around 6:30, and gave them a time to return the next day.

They all stood by the side of the road, waiting for the light to change so they could cross the street.

Once it did change, both Alex and Kirstie raced each other to cross it first, which lead Avi to chasing after them so they wouldn't get too far ahead of everyone.

Jake laughed loudly, and then ran to catch up.

Kevin and Todrick swung their hands between them while they walked, just slowly following the others.

Mitch smiled at them, but then frowned when he noticed Scott wasn't standing right next to him.

He turned to look for him, and then he heard a car honk at him for standing in the middle of the road.

Scott ran over from the other side of the street, and put a hand on the small of Mitch's back to lead him to where the rest of the Pack was. "Come on, Sweetie. What are you doing?"

Mitch shook his head. "I.. I was looking for you. And you weren't... But then you just... And I..."

"Shh, it's okay. You're not in trouble. Just.. Don't leave my side, okay? We talked about this."