Chapter 133

(A/N)

Here's the double. :*

*******

While they walked along the street, heading towards the Counsel yet again, Avi walking behind everyone once more.

Mitch giggled and pointed at one of the buildings, tugging on Scott's arm. "Look at that giant M&M!"

Scott chuckled a little. "Future occupation. Count on it."

Kevin lead them to cross the street, making sure everyone was following closely.

Alex skipped ahead of them, giggling when Todrick yelled at him to be careful.

Alex waited at the other side of the street for the others, and watched Jake tap Kevin on the shoulder to ask him something.

Alex turned to take in his surroundings, and when he felt Jake grab his arm he smiled.

Alex turned to face him, but his smile fell when he realized that it wasn't Jake. Before the Alpha got a single word out, Alex ripped his arm away from him and took a few steps back.

The Alpha growled, and took a few steps towards him, which is the exact moment Alex noticed that there were more than one of them.

Scott was the first one to run towards him, shoving the Alpha closest to Alex away from him. "Don't you dare touch him."

The Alpha stared at him for a minute, before his instincts kicked in. "He doesn't belong to you. He's unMarked. And as far as I can tell--"

"Just because he's unMarked doesn't mean I can't care about him."

Jake, after choosing his instincts over his better judgement, walked over to stand beside Scott, grabbing Alex's arm and keeping him behind the both of them.

Avi held onto both Mitch and Kirstie's arms, tugging them over to stand in the safety of the Betas' presense.

They watched as the Alpha sized Scott up, and then stood down, deciding against going at it with him.

Scott grabbed Alex's other arm, and pulled him past the other Alphas to find Avi again.

Jake followed them closely, trying to appear tougher to the opposing Alphas.

The instant Scott was around the others, he released Alex's arm and turned to him with a more gentle demeanor. "Are you alright, Xand?"

Alex nodded and looked at the ground. "Sorry."

Jake hugged him then, as tight as he could. "Don't be sorry. You're okay now. Let's just get to the Counsel, okay?"

Alex nodded, and turned to follow Kevin, but that's when he met Todrick's eyes.

Todrick shook his head slowly. "Allie... I told you to be careful. You have to stay around Alphas, do you understand?"

Alex nodded frantically. "Of course, Sir. I'm sorry."

"It isn't your fault. I just want you to take precautions to ensure that nothing happens to you."

Alex grabbed Jake's arm, and never let go, not until they walked into the Counsel building.

Mitch held onto Scott's hand, suddenly just as afraid as Alex was.

Scott kept Mitch close to his body, sensing his fear immediately.

Once inside the Counsel, Scott was the first to talk to Albert.

He pulled him aside for a second, while one of the Counsel Officials lead the rest of the Pack into a different room.