Chapter 142

(A/N)

I. AM. SCREAMING. Y'ALL. YOURS TRULY MADE HONOR CHOIR.

SQUEAK.

APPARENTLY. There were over 80 people that tried out for my vocal part, and I was within the top 20. SO YAYYYYY

And like, this is good. Because my parents never really like... Believed in/ supported my passion for singing.

But now I get to tell them, and like rub it in their face, and just.. Ah. I am very excited.

But let's venture on, shall we?

********

After everyone had their coffee/not coffee/ tea, they just sat around the living room to relax a little.

Alex's divorce papers had finally been submitted.

Kevin and Todrick finally finished taking care of all their bills.

Kirstie finally knew how far along she was.

Avi finally knew when his wife would be having a baby.

Jake was finally going to introduce his parents to his boyfriend, and the new Pack he'd been accepted into.

Everything had finally started to figure itself out.

However, Avi knew that it would all be thrown out of balance again when their parents came to town.

Avi was suddenly struck with a thought, as he glanced around at all the people he was responsible for.

How could he possibly care for all these people? Especially when he had a child on the way?

And what happens when Kirstie has the child? That's another person for him to care for.

Not that he minded. He just didn't want something to happen to someone he wasn't paying enough attention to at the time.

Avi shook his head slowly at them, watching Alex flinch a little every time Todrick tried to help him.

Jake was knelt beside the couch, keeping Alex's attention on him rather than the pain.

Kirstie was sitting on the floor talking to Kevin, her eyes wide as he explained something to her.

Mitch was tucked under Scott's arm, both of them sitting on the ground, leaning against the couch, Scott sipping his coffee like his life depended on it.

But somehow he still managed to give Mitch every ounce of his attention.

Avi squinted at him. Maybe Scott could be the Lead...? No. No. Mitch would never survive if Scott had to divide his attention up again.

Mitch demanded 24 hour attention, which is understandable because of the trauma he went through.

And whether Scott knew it or not, he needed someone like Mitch in his life. Someone who depended on him, so that Scott would know that he's worth something.

Avi glanced to Jake then. Maybe he could...? No. He's way too new at this. When Alex got hit on in Vegas, Scott had to be the one to save him, because Jake had never been in a situation like that.

Avi shook his head slowly. What on Earth was he supposed to do?

********

After a stressful day of freaking out about the parents showing up, everyone headed to bed right after dinner.