Chapter 163

Scott carried Mitch inside, laying him down on the couch, before walking back to the car to grab Alex.

Jake was waiting by the door, and he grabbed Alex from Scott to hug him.

Alex woke up, and hugged back. "Jakey?"

Jake squeezed him a little tighter. "Thank God you're okay. I was so scared."

"Me too."

Jake set him on his feet to kiss him, and then scooped him back up in his arms to go to one of the bedrooms so Alex could sleep.

Todrick saw Scott knelt by the couch, and walked over to set his hand on Scott's shoulder. "You two had a rough day. Why don't you go take our bedroom tonight?"

Mitch began to stand up, but Scott put an arm on Mitch's waist. "No, Tod. That's alright."

Kevin waved him off. "Don't be silly. I'll carry Munchie in there if I have to."

Scott sighed, and then after pondering it for a moment, he stood up and held a hand out for Mitch.

Todrick sat down on the couch after he left, and Kevin went to get blankets.

Avi finally walked into the house, closing the door, and then turning to face his smiling, pregnant wife.

Avi smiled back, slightly strained because of how tired he was. "Hello, Princess. How are--?"

She cut him off by hugging him tightly, but Avi pushed her away a little. "Be careful!" He warned.

She whined and then hugged him again, more gentle this time. "Please tell me you're okay. Did they hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine. I promise. But... Can we talk in the morning? I'm really tired..."

She moved away and grabbed his hand. "Yes. But only if you kiss me first."

Avi complied without hesitation, pecking her lips before leading her down the hall towards their bedroom.

Scott laid Mitch on the bed of their own room, Jake and Alex claiming the Betas' empty room.

Scott stared at Mitch for a moment, and Mitch just watched him.

Mitch cleared his throat. "What are you doing?"

"Just... I could've lost you today."

Mitch scoffed, waving him off. "Don't start. You'll make me cry."

Scott took a deep breath, and then climbed on the bed to hover above Mitch, before slowly lowering himself down to hug him while keeping himself propped up on his elbows so he wouldn't completely squish the boy beneath him.

Mitch hugged him back and kissed Scott's shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

Scott rolled onto his side and then held Mitch sideways. "Do you want to change into something more comfortable?"

"Too tired."

"I'll help you." Scott offered.

Mitch shook his head and cuddled a little closer to Scott. "No. Don't leave. We can change tomorrow."

"That sort of defeats the purpose of--" He stopped himself when Mitch gave him a pleading look.

Scott instead grabbed Mitch's left hand, and kissed the ring on his finger.

Mitch giggled a little, not drawing his hand away until Scott did it himself.

Scott pulled the blanket over both of them, and then moved even closer, trailing kisses up Mitch's neck.

Mitch shivered at the feeling, although secretly he loved it. "Alpha... I'm trying to sleep."

"And I'm trying to love you. But we can't both have what we want, can we?"

Mitch giggled. "That didn't make sense. You must be tired too."

Scott chuckled a little. "Guess so."

Mitch turned over to face him. "I changed my mind. I don't want to sleep. I want you to kiss me until I'm too tired to kiss back."

Scott wanted to ask why, but shrugged instead and leaned forward to meet his lips and fulfil his request.

Scott pulled back to breathe after a moment, but Mitch refused to let him, chasing his lips until they met again.

Scott continued to kiss him, eventually allowing their tongues a chance for the same pleasure their mouths had been receiving.

Mitch was the one who had to pull away when he ran out of breath, moving his face down to Scott's shoulder and panting.

Scott didn't relent though, as he kissed Mitch's neck, and down to his shoulder. "Have I done my job?"

Mitch, for loss of words due to lack of breath, just nodded, his eyes locking with Scott's and never straying.

Scott smiled at him and leaned forward to kiss his forehead, tucking Mitch's head into his chest, where Mitch snuggled up to his body and sighed in content before breathing out a small. "I love you."

"I love you too, Mx. Grassi-Hoying."

***********

Mitch woke up after being pushed slightly.

He opened his eyes and stared at Scott, taking a moment to fully comprehend the situation.

Scott's body jolted again, and he whimpered quietly.

Mitch jumped and sat up enough to push on Scott's shoulders. "Alpha... Alpha, wake up. It's just a dream."

Scott's body convulsed violently one more time, before finally he jolted awake, breathing heavily.

He met Mitch's fearful eyes, and grabbed him roughly to hug. "Thank God..."

"What happened?"

"Jamie... He took you away from me. And he made me watch while he..." Scott trailed off.

Mitch hugged back tightly. "While he what?"

"Nothing."

Mitch decided he'd bring it up later, and just continued to hug him. "I'm sorry that happened. Are you okay now, though?"

"With you in my arms? Of course."

**********

Kirstie and Avi found themselves in a similar situation.

Avi had just yelped in his sleep, and Kirstie was awake in an instant.

She lifted her head from where it was gently placed against Avi's chest, and leaned forward to kiss his cheek, knowing that gentleness was the only way to wake him.

She kissed his cheek, down his jawbone, and then finally placed a firm kiss above his heart, which finally woke him.

Avi jumped a little, and then sighed when he met Kirstie's eyes. "Oh. It was just a dream. A horrible, horrible dream."

"Want to talk about it?"

Avi closed his eyes again and shook his head. "Just a dream. Don't need to get any more specific than that."

"What happened in the dream?" Kirstie pressed.

"I had to sit and watch you, Alexander, Mitchell and Scott get tortured. And it was all my fault. And... Honestly? That's the worst thing that could ever happen to me. I'd sooner gouge my own eyes out than have to watch you guys suffer like that."

"Aw, Alpha... I'm sorry you had to go through that..." Kirstie replied sincerely, putting her arms around him again and setting her head back down on his chest.

"That's alright, Princess. As long as I am blessed with waking up to your beautiful face, I will be beyond grateful for anything and everything that I have been through."

**********