Chapter 89

Scott pushed on the edge of the pool to lift himself up and out of the water before turning around and reaching down to help Kirstie do the same.

Scott knelt down a little lower to put his hands on Mitch's sides to lift him out of the water, while Alex just got out himself.

Alex walked along the edge of the pool for a little while, staying somewhat close to Scott.

He turned and saw Travis a little closer to him, still staring, and it made him jump, causing him to slip a little on the ground by the pool.

Scott tried to catch him, but he missed and ended up slipping and falling down too.

Scott sat up quickly and looked down at Alex. "Gosh, I'm sorry, Xander. I thought I had you."

Alex shook his head, sitting up. "It's fine. Thank you for trying. You're always so kind."

"Are you okay? Can you stand?"

Alex nodded and when Scott stood up and offered him a hand, he gladly took it.

Once his feet were on the ground again, Alex cringed.

Scott looked him up and down, searching for injuries. "What's wrong? Tell me what hurts."

Alex frowned down at his feet. "My ankle..."

Scott looked down at it, and didn't see anything, but decided to believe him just in case.

Todrick had come running over, and Scott met his eyes. "You'll check it out when we get back to the room, yeah?"

Todrick nodded quickly. "Of course, Sir."

Scott scooped Alex up off of his feet and carried him bridal style.

While he walked, he noticed Mitch shivering beside him. "Grab a towel, silly."

Mitch just kept walking. "No, it's fine."

Scott rolled his eyes, glancing behind him to find Avi. "Av? Can you hand me two towels?"

Avi nodded and got them from Kevin, who'd been carrying them, knowing.

Scott gently set Alex down on his good foot, letting Alex lean on him while Scott wrapped one towel around Mitch, and the other around Alex, before picking Alex up again.

Once all of them had crammed into the elevator, Mitch pressed to Scott's side, regardless of the large boy in his arms.

Kevin was still talking about something in the textbook, and even more remarkably, Todrick was still listening.

When Scott looked down to say something to Mitch, Travis took that as his chance to set his hand on Alex's shoulder. "You okay, Lexi?"

Alex flinched, but nodded. "Yes, Sir. Thank you."

"Are you going to stay with me tonight?"

"I-I don't think so, Sir. I'm sorry."

Travis just looked disappointed, rather than angry. "Oh. Okay."

Scott turned back to Alex and gave him a smile.

********

Todrick was now wrapping Alex's ankle up, just in case, while Scott took a shower to get the smell of chlorine off of him.

Mitch snuck into the shower and just stood behind Scott until he turned.

Scott jumped so bad he crashed into the wall behind him. "Jesus Christ, Mitch! You can't do that to people! You can't just sneak up on me like that. You have to stomp or... Sneeze or something."