Chapter 112

Avi had sent Alex and Kirstie to go hang out in a different room, while he spoke with the others on the couch of the main room.

Kevin and Todrick were beside each other, Jake on the far end of the couch while Avi stood in front of them.

Scott walked out into the living room with wet hair, Mitch in front of him, both having just come out of the shower.

Avi pointed at a different room. "Mitchell, go hang out with Alexander and Kirstin please."

Mitch nodded, giving Scott's hand a quick squeeze before he left.

Scott sat on the couch next to Jake, running his hand through his wet hair, trying to make it stay on the top of his head so it wouldn't fall into his eyes.

Avi sat down on the coffee table in front of all of them. "So.. I guess there is another Counsel Headquarters in this area. I spoke with Albert about all the details, and he said this time they just need to see different kinds of different rankings so they can try to recreate all the tests. Like... The test we all had to take to get our numbers. The test Alphas have to take to determine which type they are. Omega obedience test. Beta intelligence test. Are we on the same page?"

Everyone nodded, except Kevin who expressed it verbally. "Yes, Sir."

Avi continued. "So we just need to be on our best behaviors, and they'll take it from there. Just do what they say to the best of your ability. I know Betas are perfectionists, but there are things you may not be able to do. And it's okay. You're not supposed to be able to run like an Alpha. They're just making sure."

Kevin frowned at the thought of not being able to do something asked of him, but he hoped he'd be able to at least try it anyway.

Avi turned to Jake. "I know you've never done something like this before, but just follow Scott and you should be alright. I might get different testing for being a Lead, but Scott should get the exact same treatment that you do. So he's your best option."

Jake nodded. "Alright. That's fine. I'm actually... Really curious how this is gonna go."

"I figured you would be. And... In the event that we have to do anything in pairs, I expect that you'll take care of Alexander. Is that.. Okay?"

"Yeah, of course." Jake replied quickly.

********

Most of them were just watching T.V. while Kirstie and Mitch helped Avi make lunch.

Kevin stood from the couch when his phone rang. "Excuse me."

Todrick smiled when he left, and then looked to Alex when he emerged from one of the hallways.

Todrick eyed his shoes and tank top. "Going somewhere?"

"Well... I was just hoping maybe I'd be allowed to go on a run to get my mind off of Travis?"

Jake turned his head. "In Vegas?"

Todrick agreed. "Unlikely. I could ask Avi, but I'm sure he'd say no. Maybe an Alpha could go with you?"

Alex smiled widely and looked to Jake, who just laughed. "I'm sorry, Big A. Not much running going on in this guy."

Alex pouted, but then Scott came back from the bathroom. "What are we talking about?"

Todrick stood from the couch to go talk to Avi. "Alex wants to go on a run. But I don't think an unMated, male Omega alone on the streets of Vegas is such a good idea."

Scott shrugged. "I'll go with him."

Alex smiled at him. "Really? You'd do that?"

"Sure. Just let me go change into some different shorts."