Chapter 73

Avi decided that there, A. Wasn't a car big enough for all 8 of them. And B. That his pack simply wasn't in the physical condition to sit in a car for several hours.

So, he asked The Counsel to graciously pay for a plane flight instead.

Which, they did. First class, even.

Mitch's least favorite part was being pat down when they had to go through security.

But he made it through, nonetheless, and was now happily seated beside Scott, who was in the middle of Mitch and Alex.

Across the aisle, were the two Betas who sat with Travis.

Finally, Avi and Kirstie sat behind Scott.

When the plane first took off, Alex and Mitch nearly squeezed Scott's hands off out of fear.

When they finally released him, Scott shook his hands out to regain feeling in them. "Lord, you two. Never been on a plane before?"

Mitch shook his head, Alex doing the same. "No, Sir."

Travis reached across the aisle to grab Alex's hand momentarily. "How you holding up?"

Alex smiled at him. "I'm good. Thank you!"

Kevin was already almost asleep on Todrick's shoulder, Todrick who was staring out the window.

Avi was staring at Kirstie, and she caught him, turning to giggle at him. "What are you doing?"

His face turned a little red and he looked away. "Oh, nothing."

"Are you staring at me?"

"...Maybe."

She giggled again and grabbed his hand, setting her other hand on his upper arm as she leaned against his shoulder. "Do you think we'll make good parents?"

"I guess we'll see, won't we?"

*********

When the flight was over, Mitch and Kirstie were standing by the large silver conveyor belt that drops off the luggage, trying to grab everything for the two packs.

Kirstie gasped when she saw Todrick's bright pink bag, and snatched it, running over to hand it to him, before running right back over to Mitch.

They went on like that for a little while until they were sure they'd grabbed everything.

Scott held both he and Mitch's bags, still managing to hold on to Mitch's hand at the same time.

Avi and Kirstie walked in front of them, until the two Betas broke away to speak to a car rental place.

Travis and Alex stood beside Kirstie and Avi, Alex making small conversation with Kirstie.

Mitch suddenly gasped and turned around to point at someone. "Alpha! Do you see that?!"

"Don't point, baby. It's rude. Who?"

Mitch dropped his hand down but continued to stare at the woman walking past them. "Woah..."

Scott stared at her too, and then turned to Mitch again. "What's wrong, exactly?"

"Is she... A guy?" Mitch whispered, trying not to be rude.

"Yeah. She's a transsexual. Do you not know what that is?" Scott asked genuinely.

Mitch nodded once. "Yeah, I know what it is. Just.. I've never seen it before. How cool!"