Chapter 72

Scott was sitting on the edge of his bed, pinching the bridge of his nose with two of his fingers. "One more time. Why did you hit her?"

"She told me that she has a husband and I don't because I'm rude and disobedient."

"So you felt the need to hit her? Even though she's basically family?" Scott questioned.

Mitch plopped down beside him, his posture slumped down. "I.. I guess so. I just... I got so mad.. All I want is to be your husband. And she knows that. So for her to say that to me is just..."

"Observant?"

Mitch hit his shoulder. "No! She was being rude. Are you not on my side?"

"Honey, I love you more than anything on this earth. But you shouldn't have hit her. I can't back you up on this one. I think Avi's right. I think you need to be taught a lesson. This isn't confidence anymore. You... You hit someone, Mitchie."

Mitch stood up, crossing his arms over his chest as he glared at Scott. "I know that! But she was mean to me! You hit mean people all the time! When Avi was mean to you, you nearly killed him! But then I go and hit someone and it's as if I'm a murderer!"

"Mitch, please don't shout at me."

"I can do anything I want! You don't get to tell me what to do if you can't even man up enough to marry me!" Mitch yelled back.

Scott tried to grab Mitch's hands to calm him down, but Mitch pulled them away. "Just get out of here! I'm in isolation now."

Scott reluctantly stood up. He leaned down to kiss Mitch, even though Mitch refused to kiss back.

Scott brushed Mitch's hair out of his face and smiled at him. "I know you're angry. I know you wish I could take your side and defend you, but I can't this time. I love you though, honey. I really really do."

Mitch smiled a very small smile. "I love you too."

Scott grabbed Mitch's necklace and gave it a quick kiss before he turned and left the room.

Mitch waited for him to leave, before he sat down on the bed and burst into tears.

He jumped up and ran to their closet, grabbing something of Scott's and crying into it.

Scott wanted more than anything to turn around and let Mitch leave the room, but he had to punish him.

Scott walked out and laid down on the couch, covering his eyes with an arm.

Kirstie saw him and skipped over to sit on top of his stomach with a giggle. "You're not the couch!"

Scott uncovered his eyes and forced a smile. "I know. Listen, Kit... I'm sorry that Mitchie hit you. He didn't mean it. He's just.. Confused."

"No, no. It's totally fine. I shouldn't have said what I said. And it didn't even hurt. He's like a little toothpick, you know? Well of course you know."

Scott smirked at her and then looked around for the remote, so Kirstie could watch whatever she wanted.

Avi was sitting beside Kevin who was sitting in bed with a book on his lap.

Avi shook his head a little. "I'm sorry, again, that you're hurt. Are you sure a beach is what you need right now?"

"Well I mean. Scott and Alex both love the beach. And Kirstie and Mitch were talking about an amusement park, and I know there's one there."

Avi set a hand on Kevin's arm. "I know all that. But I'm asking you, Kevin. Where do you want to go?"

Kevin smirked a little. "The beach."

"You're impossible. But fine. We're going. I'll call Travis."

********

Avi snuck into Mitch's room, where he was basically lying in a puddle of his own tears, surrounded by Scott's clothing.

Avi kneeled down next to him, refusing to offer him any comfort because he was still angry with him. "Mitchell. Sit up."

Mitch jumped at the sound of his voice but hurried to obey the order.

Avi shook his head slowly. "You hit her."

"I know. I know. And I'm so sorry, Sir. You can't even imagine."

Avi shrugged a little. "Actually I can. But that's not why I'm here. This little, attitude of yours? I don't like it. Not one single bit. You can get away with it around Scott because he loves you unconditionally. But when the attitude starts to affect my Omega, that's when it's gone too far. Do you hear me? You never, ever hit anyone in this pack again. Understood? Of the five people here, you've hit two of them. That's more than Scott. And he's an Alpha, who's allowed to hit people."

Mitch nodded, tears still falling down his face relentlessly. "Yes, Sir. I know. It'll never happen again."

"It better not. Because if it does, so help me God."

Mitch shook his head quickly. "It won't. I promise."

Avi squinted at him. "Gosh, I can't even trust you anymore. What happened to you?"

Mitch frowned and looked down at the ground. "I don't know..."

"You're on thin ice with me. You better act like the best Omega I've ever seen these next few days. Scott's had a rough couple of weeks. He doesn't need this extra stress. Kevin just needs to relax. Kirstie is carrying a child, for Pete's sake. I need you to keep it together. They were all there for you when you needed it. And now it's your turn. Okay?"

"Yes, Sir."

"You're going to stay in here alone until Scott decides to go to bed. Understood?"

"Yes, Alpha."

Avi stood up and turned to the door, freezing when he grabbed the door handle. "And Mitchell? You and I are not okay. I am not happy with you."

Mitch pouted, staring at his back. "I know. I'm sorry."

Avi shook his head, and then left the room.

*******

Scott went to bed early, deciding he needed to get Mitch packed up for the vacation Kevin chose, which turned out to be the beach.

Scott closed the door softly, seeing Mitch asleep, clutching one of Scott's shirts close to his chest.

When Scott got closer, he saw that Mitch's eyes were red and puffy from crying.

Scott snuck over to their closet and grabbed two suitcases, before loading some clothes into them.

Scott was very careful to be absolutely silent as to not wake Mitch up.

Scott went into the bathroom to grab some of he and Mitch's things, and then he put those into the bags as well.

Mitch stirred at somepoint, and when he saw Scott, he dropped everything and ran over to hug him although the taller man was knelt on the ground in front of the suitcases.

Scott jumped in surprise, and Mitch clung to his back, squeezing him tightly without saying a word.

Scott stood up to properly hug back, and Mitch's lip started to wobble.

Scott hugged him before he could cry. "No more tears, Sweetheart. You have to hit rock bottom to know which direction to run in."

********