Chapter 186

(A/N)

DOUBLE
DOUBLE

*******

Avi made dinner, with Mitch at his side.

Scott was very proud when he sat down to eat and Avi told him that Mitch had done most of it.

Kevin had called at some point, warning Avi that the two Betas wouldn't be back until late, but they would try to be quiet when coming into the house.

Kevin also mentioned that he'd received a call from the new Counsel, saying that they wanted to offer the Alphas and Betas jobs at their building.

And because of this, there was a party that the entire pack was invited to.

But it wasn't for a few days. Luckily, before Kirstie's due date, and just barely after Alex's Heat should be over.

Scott's phone went off in the middle of dinner, but before he could answer, Avi grabbed it and answered for him. "Hello? Lead Alpha speaking."

Scott stared at him with wide eyes, but Avi continued. "Oh, this is his father? Good. I need to speak to you."

Scott jumped up and reached for the phone. "Avi, don't!"

"No, he is not. Just because you don't have a male Omega-- Excuse you. Don't interrupt me."

Avi stood up and walked away from Scott, who followed him closely.

Avi laughed at something. "Please! Even I saw you checking his Omega out. You're just jealous. And gross."

Scott grabbed his arm. "Avi!"

Avi waved him off. "No, you listen to me. I spend much more time with your son than you do. I would know."

Avi circled back around to the table, and put the phone on speaker, setting it on the table. "Scott has a wonderful Omega because he is a wonderful Alpha. If you think you deserve a better Omega, you should fix yourself. And I don't know if you're aware, but your wife is unhappy anyway. She deserves better than you."

"Who the Hell are you to judge me and my family?" Scott's dad growled.

"Excuse you in front of these Omegas. I might as well be his father."

"You could never be his father."

Scott just stared at him. "Will you guys please stop?"

Avi glanced over his shoulder, and then turned back to the phone. "I'm sorry, Sir. I have to go take care of your son."

Kirstie reached forward and hung up the phone.

Avi turned to Scott and crossed his arms over his chest. "You don't need to be talking to him anymore. Do you understand? You don't need that much negativity in your life."

Scott stared at him with his wide, blue eyes. "But... He's my dad."

"So? He's an ass." He turned towards the table briefly. "Excuse my language, babes."

Scott sighed. "Please don't call my Omega a 'babe'."

"There are more important things to worry about right now, Alpha." Avi suddenly noticed how pale Scott looked. Yes, he is a pale guy. But not that pale. "Hey.. Maybe you should sit down. You don't look so good."

Scott shook his head, but grabbed Avi's arm for support. "No, I'm fine. Just a little tired."

Kirstie stood slowly from the table and headed towards the kitchen. "I'll get you some water, Sir."