Chapter 39

When Kevin and Avi came home, Kirstie and Mitch were both basically sitting on top of Scott, Kirstie trying to feed him one of her cookies.

Kirstin jumped up and ran towards Avi, but Kevin held out a hand. "Careful. He's still sick."

Kirstie nodded and walked over slowly to hug Avi as gently as she could.

Kevin walked over to Scott and Mitch on the couch, holding out a brown box. "This was on the front step. Jamie again?"

Mitch reached out for it, but Scott grabbed the box first and set it down next to him, away from Mitch's reach. "I'll look at it later. Thank you."

Mitch frowned at him. "It's for me. Shouldn't I be the one to--?"

"No. God only knows what's in there." Scott answered quickly.

Kevin went back to Avi, helping him walk down the hall to get back to his room and lay down.

Scott stood from the couch to go to his own room, Mitch following.

Scott locked himself in the bathroom to open the box, and when he walked back out his eyes were bright red.

He was holding onto the box so tight his knuckles were white.

He walked right past Mitch, and into Avi's room.

Kevin was tucking Avi in, Kirstie laying next to him on the bed.

Scott threw the box down on Avi's body that was covered by the blanket.

Avi weakly sat up to grab it, before flopping back down to look at it. "Well? What's in it?"

Scott shook his hed, eyes still red. "Look for yourself."

Avi opened it, handing the piece of paper to Kevin for him to read.

Avi swallowed harshly. "Oh Jesus..."

He held it up for everyone to see. A bright pink collar with shiny little diamonds on it.

Kirstie smiled at it though. "Is that from Mitch's kitty cat?"

Avi shook his head, replying weakly. "No, honey. It's Mitchell's. Jamie must've made him wear it."

Kirstie's smile dropped quickly. "Oh. Oh, gosh. That's awful."

Kevin started reading the note out loud. "Dear, Michelle. If you won't come home on your own, I might have to send out a search team for you. We miss you, Tinkerbelle. The Snatchers are only trying to help. You're still my favorite Lacy. Love, Daddy. P.S. Don't you miss cottaging?"

Mitch shivered at the end of the message.

Avi's eyebrows came together in confusion. "Um. It might be the sickness talking, but I barely understood any of that."

"That's because you're not an Omega." Kevin retorted quickly.

Kirstie raised her hand slowly. "Um. I didn't understand it either."

Kevin corrected himself. "A male Omega. The letter was just filled with a bunch of slang, that's all."

Scott's eyes continued to glow red. "Explain it to me."

Kevin took a deep breath, looking to Mitch, before exhaling and looking back down at the letter. "Well... I guess I'll start at the beginning. Jamie is working with the Omega Snatchers to get Mitch. Tinkerbelle is slang I'd really rather not translate. Obviously, Daddy is Jamie. And then... Cottaging.. I don't really want to do that one either."

Avi held up a hand again. "What about Lacy? Is that just some weird nickname?"

Kevin shrugged a little. "Sort of. It means like.. A really feminine male. Which, by the way, really isn't an insult."