Chapter 124

Scott was sitting on his bed, reading an email from his parents, when Mitch walked out of the bathroom with a frown on his face.

Scott glanced up at him, the sadness not really registering because of how upset he was at his parents.

Mitch sat down next to him, as close as he could possibly be. "Alpha...?"

Scott didn't look away from the screen. "Yeah, babe?"

Mitch pouted at him. "Alpha."

"Yes, honey?"

"Alpha." He whined.

Scott turned to him for a second. "What, Mitch?"

Mitch just blinked at him. "Well, excuse me. Nevermind then."

Scott grabbed his arm when he tried to stand up and leave. "I'm sorry, Sweetie. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just reading this thing from my parents. It's complete bullsh-- Um. It's stupid. And it's making me angry. But I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm sorry."

Mitch smiled a little and took the laptop from Scott's lap, moving it to sit on the bedside table.

Mitch then sat on his lap. "Alpha?"

"Yes, honey?"

"I don't feel so good."

Scott's face changed completely when he became more concerned. "What? What's wrong?"

Mitch frowned. "My tummy hurts."

"Oh, my poor baby. Why does it hurt? Have you eaten enough today?"

Mitch shrugged, looking down at his stomach. "Maybe. I don't know."

"Well I think we skipped lunch, didn't we? I think you and Kirstie grabbed a snack but it must not have been enough. You must be hungry. Come on, I'll make you something to eat." Scott tried to stand, but Mitch clung to his front.

Scott stood anyway, Mitch holding himself on Scott's body like a baby.

Mitch fell down though, his feet thudding on the floor. "I'm too hungry to hold myself. Help me?"

"That's such a lie. But I'll carry you anyway, baby." Scott replied with a smirk.

Mitch giggled and then smiled when Scott lifted him by the back of his thighs to hold him on his hip, the way Mitch loves.

Scott smiled at him, but his smile faded all of a sudden.

Mitch stopped smiling too. "What's wrong?"

"You're a little pale, Mitchie. Are you sure it's just your stomach?"

Mitch nodded. "I just need food. Please?"

Scott nodded reluctantly, and carried him out to the living room to find the kitchen.

Kevin and Todrick were still doing paperwork at the table, while Jake and Alex watched a police television show on the couch.

Mitch gasped when he saw the T.V. "I love that show!"

Scott smiled and walked over, holding Mitch under his arms to set him on Alex's lap.

Mitch eyed Alex and Jake nervously, not wanting to interrupt anything, but Alex smiled at Mitch and pulled Mitch down to lay on top of him.

Scott turned to walk to the kitchen, but stopped at the dining room table.

He walked behind the two Betas, stopping behind Kevin to massage his temples. "You doing alright, Genius?"

Kevin nodded, but subtly relaxed into Scott's touch. "Thank you."