Chapter 185

(A/N)

I promised someone a double :*

Give me a second though because I'm lazy.

*********

Scott stood beside Kirstie in the kitchen, while she finished making lunch.

She was humming something to herself, but stopped when Scott set his head on her shoulder.

Kirstie smiled a little. "You alright, Alpha?"

"Yeah. I just can't stop thinking about my mom. And now I'm worried about Mitchie too."

Kirstie held up a plate. "If you want, you can go take this to Mitch to see how he's doing."

Scott nodded and took two plates with sandwiches on them, and turned to leave. "Save me one, Kit."

Scott walked out to the living room, where Avi was sitting on the couch next to Mitch.

Mitch looked like he was on the verge of tears, until Scott cleared his throat on the other side of Avi. "I...Um. I brought your lunch."

Avi grabbed both of the plates and handed one to Mitch, which is the exact moment that Scott noticed Mitch's shaking hands.

Scott stood there for a second longer. "Mitchie... Are you okay?"

Mitch looked at Avi first, and then nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. I need to fix my attitude, and this is the best way for me to do it."

Scott frowned at him. "Okay. If you're sure."

He went back to the kitchen briefly, before leaving again.

Scott walked down the hall with two more plates in his hands, a little afraid of what he might walk in on.

Scott knocked on the door, balancing the plates on one arm. "Jake? Are you guys..? I'm really sorry to interrupt..."

Jake opened the door slightly after a minute or so, his hair a huge mess, only boxers on his body. "What?"

"I'm really sorry, again. But um.. I have lunch for you two. He needs as much energy as he can get."

Jake nodded and took the plates before disappearing into the room. "Thank you."

Alex appeared in the doorway suddenly, making Scott jump. "Hi, Alpha!"

Scott gave him a small smile. "Hi, Xander. How are you feeling?"

"Still got a few days to go. But mostly fine. Jake is really nice. But you're really nice too."

Scott recognized the scattered train of thought, after seeing it on Mitch too in his Heat. "Thank you. Good luck with that. I'm just gonna.." He pointed down the hall.

Alex first jumped on him in a hug, and Scott's eyes went red just from touching an Omega in Heat.

Scott tried to gently push him away, but Alex didn't move.

Alex then snuck his hands down Scott's back, nearly getting to his jeans, but Scott grabbed his arms and pushed him back. "Okay. Leaving now."

Jake waved Alex over so he could eat something before his Heat took over again. "Alex, come here."

Scott practically ran down the hall, afraid if Mitch saw him with Alex he really would call of the engagement.

On his way into the kitchen, he glanced at Mitch, but was too afraid to even make eye contact.